• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
CTA Home Page

CTA Home Page 1.0.0

No permission to download

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

CTA Home Page - Honey I'm home!

This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Introduction
This simple add-on allows you to select a Page node to use as a home page.

Setting the index page route to the page URL enables it to be a landing page at the root URL with a focused home tab.

In addition, a simple template modification changes the page title and the browser tab to the board name.

The options are very basic as it's not intended to be a replacement for a full home page/portal add-on.

You can though utilise the capabilites of a Page node, including the PHP callback functionality.
You should also be able to use it in conjunction with other add-ons, such as Widget Framework.
Read more about this resource...

Hi Brogan,

I'm really interested in buying this from you. As I discussed with you in my lengthy FAQ thread (thanks by the way for all your help) , I'd like to make my current homepage fit nice and neat into my XenForo installation.

Does this allow you to edit a page via raw HTML/PHP or are you restricted to just HTML?

i have my page created; how can i show my last 'X' threads from specific forum(s) in that page? In compact view like a tiny portal, similar to this https://xfrocks.com/
A couple of threads to show from specific forums or even a links to show from latest threads!
Thanks!

This is great, thank you for this.

One question - the Home nav link has the drop down arrow and secondary nav.

I normally remove that from my template - how can I remove it from this addon?

I could use CSS to hide the arrow, but how could I remove the secondary nav?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The dropdown is due to the links which are defined in the cta_homepage_links template.

You can edit that template and remove those links if you don't want them.

So the Widget Framework add-on allows us to use conditionals on widgets. I want to use a conditional to exclude that widget from being displayed on the home page created by @Brogan's CTA Home Page add-on. I want to create a widget to display a banner ad on the forums and everywhere else EXCEPT the CTA Home Page. So for that, I think, I need a conditional to exclude that widget from being displayed on the CTA Home Page. Can someone write here a conditional that will serve this purpose?

P.S. I am posting this question here as well as on Widget Framework's page because I think this conditional will involve specifically disallowing WF to show the widget on CTA Home Page so someone who has knowledge of CTA Home Page may be able to help.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I don't use the WF add-on so I can't help with the conditional statement syntax as it's different to XF syntax.

The home page template though will have a node ID - you can likely use that in the statement.

I don't use the WF add-on so I can't help with the conditional statement syntax as it's different to XF syntax.

The home page template though will have a node ID - you can likely use that in the statement.
Thanks for your reply! I have absolutely zero idea how to do that.
I think the node ID of the page is 3.
This is for reference purpose:
Code:
{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'
This conditional makes the widget to display only on forum_list. Any chance you or someone else here can edit this and put a statement there to not show the widget on node ID 3?

Another question:
If I want to do an import, should I create a home page before or after the import is done. I read your import tips and that says that I should install the add-ons first and then do the import at the end. But the tips also say that I should do the import before adding any new content so IDs don't get mixed up. What is your advise? Create a home page before or after the import?

Hello,

Very useful addon, thank you.

Don't know what I'm missing but I can't find a way to remove <h1> from the page. Funny is that, as you can see in the attached screenshot, I had removed it when I was testing it in my dev site.
What I've did at that time to remove it, nobody knows. o_O

Thank you
Chris

Attachments

Hello,

Very useful addon, thank you.

Don't know what I'm missing but I can't find a way to remove <h1> from the page. Funny is that, as you can see in the attached screenshot, I had removed it when I was testing it in my dev site.
What I've did at that time to remove it, nobody knows. o_O

Thank you
Chris
Not entirely sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. But if you're talking about title, try going to Style Properties > [XX] Global Settings > Remove Title from Forum Index.

Not entirely sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. But if you're talking about title, try going to Style Properties > [XX] Global Settings > Remove Title from Forum Index.
I've disabled it before but it works only for Forums and not for CTA Homepage. The only that I can remember from my old action (which was successful) is that I've edited a template. This is for sure. I've removed <h1> and also I set style="background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:25px;". The problem is which template it was. I thought PAGE_CONTAINER but is not.

I've disabled it before but it works only for Forums and not for CTA Homepage. The only that I can remember from my old action (which was successful) is that I've edited a template. This is for sure. I've removed <h1> and also I set style="background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:25px;". The problem is which template it was. I thought PAGE_CONTAINER but is not.
Just above Remove Title from Forum Index, there's option to Remove Title from Home Page. That successfully removes the title from home page for me.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.node100 .pagenode_container .titleBar h1
{
display: none;
}
Change the 100 to match the node ID of the page.