CTA Home Page

CTA Home Page 1.0.0

No permission to download

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

CTA Home Page - Honey I'm home!

This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Introduction
This simple add-on allows you to select a Page node to use as a home page.

Setting the index page route to the page URL enables it to be a landing page at the root URL with a focused home tab.

In addition, a simple template modification changes the page title and the browser tab to the board name.

The options are very basic as it's not intended to be a replacement for a full home page/portal add-on.

You can though utilise the capabilites of a Page node, including the PHP callback functionality.
You should also be able to use it in conjunction with other add-ons, such as Widget Framework.

Read more about this resource...

Hi Brogan,

I'm really interested in buying this from you. As I discussed with you in my lengthy FAQ thread (thanks by the way for all your help) , I'd like to make my current homepage fit nice and neat into my XenForo installation.

Does this allow you to edit a page via raw HTML/PHP or are you restricted to just HTML?

i have my page created; how can i show my last 'X' threads from specific forum(s) in that page? In compact view like a tiny portal, similar to this https://xfrocks.com/
A couple of threads to show from specific forums or even a links to show from latest threads!
Thanks!

You would need custom code or an add-0n to pull latest threads onto the page.

This is great, thank you for this.

One question - the Home nav link has the drop down arrow and secondary nav.

I normally remove that from my template - how can I remove it from this addon?

I could use CSS to hide the arrow, but how could I remove the secondary nav?

The dropdown is due to the links which are defined in the cta_homepage_links template.

You can edit that template and remove those links if you don't want them.

Glad you find it useful - it's something I could have done with myself years ago ... but instead I wrote a portal add-on :D

So the Widget Framework add-on allows us to use conditionals on widgets. I want to use a conditional to exclude that widget from being displayed on the home page created by @Brogan's CTA Home Page add-on. I want to create a widget to display a banner ad on the forums and everywhere else EXCEPT the CTA Home Page. So for that, I think, I need a conditional to exclude that widget from being displayed on the CTA Home Page. Can someone write here a conditional that will serve this purpose?

P.S. I am posting this question here as well as on Widget Framework's page because I think this conditional will involve specifically disallowing WF to show the widget on CTA Home Page so someone who has knowledge of CTA Home Page may be able to help.

I don't use the WF add-on so I can't help with the conditional statement syntax as it's different to XF syntax.

The home page template though will have a node ID - you can likely use that in the statement.

I don't use the WF add-on so I can't help with the conditional statement syntax as it's different to XF syntax.

The home page template though will have a node ID - you can likely use that in the statement.

Thanks for your reply! I have absolutely zero idea how to do that.
I think the node ID of the page is 3.
This is for reference purpose:
Code:
{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'
This conditional makes the widget to display only on forum_list. Any chance you or someone else here can edit this and put a statement there to not show the widget on node ID 3?

Another question:
If I want to do an import, should I create a home page before or after the import is done. I read your import tips and that says that I should install the add-ons first and then do the import at the end. But the tips also say that I should do the import before adding any new content so IDs don't get mixed up. What is your advise? Create a home page before or after the import?

Hello,

Very useful addon, thank you.

Don't know what I'm missing but I can't find a way to remove <h1> from the page. Funny is that, as you can see in the attached screenshot, I had removed it when I was testing it in my dev site.
What I've did at that time to remove it, nobody knows. o_O

Thank you
Chris

Attachments

• paradoxbb_home.webp
    paradoxbb_home.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 18
Hello,

Very useful addon, thank you.

Don't know what I'm missing but I can't find a way to remove <h1> from the page. Funny is that, as you can see in the attached screenshot, I had removed it when I was testing it in my dev site.
What I've did at that time to remove it, nobody knows. o_O

Thank you
Chris

Not entirely sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. But if you're talking about title, try going to Style Properties > [XX] Global Settings > Remove Title from Forum Index.

Not entirely sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. But if you're talking about title, try going to Style Properties > [XX] Global Settings > Remove Title from Forum Index.

I've disabled it before but it works only for Forums and not for CTA Homepage. The only that I can remember from my old action (which was successful) is that I've edited a template. This is for sure. I've removed <h1> and also I set style="background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:25px;". The problem is which template it was. I thought PAGE_CONTAINER but is not.

I've disabled it before but it works only for Forums and not for CTA Homepage. The only that I can remember from my old action (which was successful) is that I've edited a template. This is for sure. I've removed <h1> and also I set style="background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:25px;". The problem is which template it was. I thought PAGE_CONTAINER but is not.

Just above Remove Title from Forum Index, there's option to Remove Title from Home Page. That successfully removes the title from home page for me.

@XYZ500 Thank you for your effort to help me, but I can't see such an option there. Check the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• homepage_title.webp
    homepage_title.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 18
Add this to EXTRA.css:
Rich (BB code):
.node100 .pagenode_container .titleBar h1
{
display: none;
}

Change the 100 to match the node ID of the page.

Top Bottom