WhatsXFessenger

WhatsXFessenger

Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Tired of conversations looking exactly the same as threads?
Didn't think so.

Members getting confused between threads, conversations, and profile posts and keep posting embarrassingly private stuff in threads?
No, mine neither.

Ever felt that XF conversations would be waaaaaaayyyy better if they resembled one of the well known...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource. Log in or register now.

Latest updates

1. Modified code to display the attribution adjacent to the avatar

This tweak will align the attribution with the avatar/on the outside edge of the message on both...
  2. Code updated

Fixed an issue with user fields creating blank space below the avatar. See the main resource...
  3. Code updated

Added a new var to optionally hide your own avatar. <xf:set var="$ctaMessageSelfAvatar"...

Latest reviews

Well, in my frank opinion: this resource is officially the coolest template edit I've ever done.

I am genuinely grateful, good sir Brogan, thank you for this opportunity.

Everything appears as working perfectly...and apparently this tripppy code also adds some gnarly styling to Devsell's - [021] 'Realtime Chat' widget-(while on the DMs pages-(*it's positioned in [cXF] 'Advanced Footer')).

😎👍💥🏆Top show mate!

5/5⭐
This is good stuff! I made a few minor layout alterations and put it into a private add-on to make implementation easy. I like that this revised layout of messages, like a messenger app, helps members from confusing private conversations with forum threads. (Especially on forums where there are less computer-savvy users who often trend older.) Very helpful!
it rocks. you rock. thank you!

p.s.: the instructions were idiot-proof... must have taken me at least 60 seconds to install (although i did change the background color of 'my' messages to a light gray, for readability.
Very easy to implement and gives a much better look to the messages. Thanks for the effort and the good documentation !
Nice, implemented easily on my forum. I agree it fits the zeitgeist a bit better as people like to feel they're on a messaging app when writing to each other.
Another superb howto from Brogan and I love the humour!

Clear instructions for something that will be useful for my users by making conversations clearer to read.
Excellent and great work, Brogan.
I wonder - can you make this also possible for Profile Posts?
I think that will be wonderful to!
Whow. Easy and looks really cool. This look should be the stock layout. Thanks for sharing. But, do I need to do the first step twice?
Paul B
Paul B
Only if you miss it the first time.
Easy to install but with a great impact. The kind of thing forums need to remain modern and appealing. And it's free.....
Thank you Brogan!
I didn't think I'd like this, but I really do..! It took a tiny bit of editing for it to look perfect on my custom theme, but I'm very happy with the results.
Paul B
Paul B
I hope you paid the £99 per character change charge. If not, I will be forced to not receive any money at all.
Top Bottom