Alert Count add-on for Xenforo
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Visible Branding:
This add-on displays a counter in the page title (that is, in the browser tab for the page) showing how many unread alerts and conversations the user has, if any. This does not affect server load as it is a purely client-side operation. Keep reading if you have compatibility problems with other add-ons like TaigaChat. There is an option to enable compatibility.
Optionally (enabled by default), this add-on will also cause pages to check for updates to these alerts in the background at an interval which can be set in the options. This will increase server load marginally if used because the server must be polled by Ajax, but this feature can be disabled. You can set the automatic update interval in [Options -> User Alerts] below the standard Xenforo options for alerts. You may set a different interval for mobile devices.
By default, the alerts will display for all users. However, it can be set to only function for logged in users with the permission to "Receive alert counts in page title." This is useful if you wish for the page title alerts to be restricted to only users in premium user groups using User Upgrades.
If you find this add-on useful, please consider donating to help support future developments.
For support or suggestions, please post in the discussion thread.
- This add-on is by default incompatible with any add-on that modifies the page title, such as TaigaChat. To remedy this go to [Options -> User Alerts] and enable aggressive mode. This will prevent the other add-on from doing anything with the title but ensure that Alert Count will function correctly.
- The add-on will only run for users who are logged in, not for guests or bots. It will work without setting permissions, as long as the default permission override option is enabled.
- To disable automatic updates, set the interval to 0 seconds.
- This add-on is compatible with (but does not require) Browser Detection by Cédric Claerhout. If available, mobile devices may be detected more reliably. However, detection will still work without it.
Unmaintained Alert Count 1.4
Alert count in browser tab title with automatic updates, for all members or by permission only.
- Slow down or disable automatic alert checks on mobile devices Jun 6, 2015
- Choose your format Oct 28, 2014
- Compatibility fix + New feature: restrict add-on to permitted users Aug 31, 2014