- Added support for YouTube videos in the Feature Slider. When promoting an article to a feature, simply put the ID of the YouTube video into the video field below the image field. Images are still required for features though, as the image is used as the background for the video holder. In addition, users can elect (on the settings screen) not to have videos show up on their portal; in which case, it will fall back to the image.
- The category filter now unchecks to hide...
[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO 1.2.1
Article System and Widget Framework all-in-one!
- Widgets that have their own callback listeners can now use the XenForo "hint" system.
- Certain included pre-packaged widgets now use the XenForo hint system, which should improve resource consumption.
- Small changes to the header tags on article pages that should make articles show up better in Facebook.
- NEW: Added a "Featured Events" widget for the newest version of...
- Changed event listeners from switch-case statements, to XenForo's event hint system. This should provide a marginal boost to performance with larger forums.
- Changed a few private functions to protected. This will allow third-party modders an easier time extending XenPorta2.
- Threads Widgets: now displays participation avatar for the current user, as well as marks for watched threads.
- Threads Widgets: disabled the inline moderation boxes. They can never really...
PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE BEFORE PATCHING!
The purpose of this update is to increase conveyance of the article layout settings when promoting an article. In the past, when you promoted an article, each article had it's own individual article settings. So if you then went and edited your default article settings, it would not affect articles that had been previously promoted.
This update changes this procedure so that you can make articles conform directly to the default settings,...
- When I updated the threads widgets to fix the "compact" layouts in the last update, I ended up breaking the full-sized layouts. This hotfix fixes that.
Updated the recent threads widgets to properly conform to the new XenForo versions.jflory7 likes this.
As usual, hotfixes do not require you to run the upgrade script if you are already up to date with the current version number. Just upload the files and you should be good to go.
- This is a HOTFIX to fix the compatibility issues in XenForo 1.5.3. (explained here).
- I've added a new option to change the Meta Description tag on the portal. If left blank, the meta description will default to your XenForo board meta description. This option is completely pointless, as having duplicate meta descriptions does not harm your search ranking at all; even Google outright admits that it doesn't matter... but because Google Webmaster Tools gives a "warning" about it, people think it matters, and I get too many questions about this... so I've added...
This is a hotfix that fixes a significant bug, and one not-so-important bug:
Enguerran A likes this.
- When trying to add categories in an article that was created using the auto-promote forum function, the [+] button will no longer open an overlay with your article index.
- Author information will now properly get sent to $tParams... thus making the Author Related widget working again.
- Added the ability to remove the "sub-categories" block from the article view page.
- Added an "!important" css tag to some sidebar widths. Some skin designers out there like to use "!important" in their skins (which is bad form, and interferes with a lot of mod styling); doing so breaks the widths of a lot of block areas. I added my own "!important" tags to...
Page 1 of 4