High Number of Paypal Chargebacks This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got "taken" for SSO for $30 - it didn't work, the author said he'd help, and then said he didn't have time. I asked for a refund and he refused, showing me the small print from somewhere on his site.

He was well regarded, had a support site and had made the add-on work for others...

I didn't run a pp chargeback, but I should have. He would not even let me resell the add-on!

Point is, there are lots of legit chargebacks. In fact, many confident developers would offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

I think the vast majority of XF customers are good and honest people.

Back to the OP, it's pretty well known that Jaxel is one of the good guys - after all, he gave away thousands of copies of his various add-ons for years and was one of the first to extend XF. So these chargebacks are probably not the actual types where customers are unhappy - they seem to be some kind of scam or pirate situation.

Sometimes you can't win. I had employees who stole from me...even good ones! I'm certain many of my customers, given the chance, would have stolen from me - some tried and failed, but I never would have heard of those who succeeded!

Such is human nature. On the positive side, XF is now free to grow and it is growing enough that lots of developers should be able to make a few bucks.

I actually just had this happen on a 5 dollar add-on...

Hi Brent,

Order <redacted> has been placed through your PayPal account for Who Has Visited Last 24 Hours (SKU visited24hours), but the price associated with the order ($0.01) does not match the price you've specified in FetchApp ($5.00). This might be an attempt to illegally gain access to your products.

Please review your PayPal account to ensure this is a legitimate order. If so, please adjust your FetchApp settings to use the correct price. You will be able to then resend the order from the IPN history tab in PayPal.

Thank you for your business!

FetchApp
http://fetchapp.com

I'm chosing NOT to post any info about my recent chargebacks because they could actually be instances of identity theft from stolen paypal accounts. No reason people should be chastised for that; they are already having to deal with it from their credit card company.

I will however share an email I just got...

PayPal Price Mismatch
Hi Jason,

Order 6MA38554PG132174T has been placed through your PayPal account for [8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) PRO 1.5.8 (SKU ewrmedio), but the price associated with the order ($0.01) does not match the price you've specified in FetchApp ($40.00). This might be an attempt to illegally gain access to your products.

Please review your PayPal account to ensure this is a legitimate order. If so, please adjust your FetchApp settings to use the correct price. You will be able to then resend the order from the IPN history tab in PayPal.

Thank you for your business!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had someone just recently try to purchase from me by paying just $1 on an order of $50 value. Sounds like someone is making the rounds trying to game people's systems and see what they can get away with.

I'm chosing NOT to post any info about my recent chargebacks because they could actually be instances of identity theft from stolen paypal accounts. No reason people should be chastised for that; they are already having to deal with it from their credit card company.

I will however share an email I just got...

PayPal Price Mismatch

PM me the email they used. Something tells me me and you got hit by the same guy...

I have removed the personal information from this thread. Please report these members via the ticket system. Thank you.

I could give you a legitimate situation here... the blog product by XenFluence. Over a year and still not even close to a stable, useable, product. It is filled with bugs yet expect paying customers to suck it up.

I am not interested in a debate about xenfluence either... just stating a legitimate example.

Whilst I am a believer that chargebacks are dodgy with software, I must also agree that there are legitimate times for a chargeback.

There have also been times where a developer has appeared, released something for purchase, then disappeared and wiped their product from here. It has also happened with a dev no longer supporting XF, yet takes money from customers the day, and week, prior to them wiping all their products and leaving customers high and dry.
Oh god, this again.

1. XI Blog 1.1 has not yet been released a year. XI Blog 1.0 was LN Blog which was rebranded so that customers could get XI Blog as it was released; people who purchased 1.0 and 1.1 (for a brief period) were credited extra time to cover the time in which the add-on was re-developed. The development delay was explained, yet you ignore it repeatedly.
2. The product is usable and is stable (with the exception of two on-going bugs which have been difficult to track down). Bug fixes are released as they're found, and larger releases fix many bugs at once.
3. Never has anyone been told to suck it up, so stop with the lying. Every suggestion, ever bug report and everything else has been read and often commented on. The only suggestions that have been vetoed have been things that do not fit the product, and they have usually been added to a tentative list of features for the future as they're not core functionality.

If you want a refund, I'll refund it out of pocket this weekend just so I don't have to deal with your constant defamation of Onimua, who quite honestly doesn't need it.

It is against the rules. Any further questions regarding this should be asked in private. Any further posts will be removed per the rules.

I actually just had this happen on a 5 dollar add-on...
I had someone just recently try to purchase from me by paying just $1 on an order of $50 value. Sounds like someone is making the rounds trying to game people's systems and see what they can get away with.

We got hit with this also over the last weekend but the orders actually went through and they were able to download the products. Not through fetchapp but rather a store add-on from here that had a security hole we were not told about. At least around $100 worth was taken... :mad:

Add-on has been updated to fix this but we're not totally satisfied or confident at the moment though.

how is it possible to purchase a product for $1 when the price of the product is $50 ???

o_O

What do you guys do to stop charge backs? Paypal seems to be not only approving every post back but also doing so faster each time.

Tired of things like these:

Paypal:
Aug 17, 2013 Payment From <Redacted> Reversed $15.00 USD
Aug 22, 2013 Reversal To <Redacted> Completed -$15.00 USD

FetchApp:
Order link clicked on 08/18/13 09:13 PM
Order link clicked on 08/17/13 10:44 PM
File downloaded by 116.251.167.48 on 08/17/13 02:18 PM
Order link clicked on 08/17/13 02:18 PM
Download email sent on 08/17/13 02:17 PM
Payment received on 08/17/13 02:17 PM
Order received on 08/17/13 02:17 PM

Have you guys ventured away from paypal and to a new processor or just deal with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom