High Number of Paypal Chargebacks This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be jumping to conclusions very quickly. If one doesn't seem to jump on the same wagon as you, surely he must be against your views, not helping at all here and just gtfo, right?

With that said, yes I support devs protecting their add-ons, but I see things from both sides. You can't pretend the other side (the buyer's side) doesn't exist. People are getting scammed every day. You pay for a product and the product is not delivered as advertised or at all. This doesn't mean that there are scammer devs among xenforo's add-on developers here. I'm speaking generally.

Your entitled to your views. Very much so. You are the one initially quoting my posts thus my views with "vb5" clearly not taking to my views so I counteract back. Whether you choose to "GTFO" is your choice, you said it, not my words.

popcorn.gif

The biggest thing the XF community can do to help the 3rd party folks here is to continue to buy our products. The original issue raised in this thread is solely the responsibility of the sellers to deal with...and those having problems with this particular issue have been given the best advice possible in how to combat it:

1 - Utilize a proper shopping cart system with built-in fraud controls
2 - Be proactive in identifying fraud patterns
3 - If #1 above isn't available to you, manually approve every transaction
4 - Limit problem regions of the world to pay gateways such as 2CO or Worldpay that assume fraud risk when approving sales
5 - If possible, mail a physical copy of your product via registered mail and build that cost in to your pricing

If you, as a seller, do these any, or all, of these five steps, I guarantee you your fraud problems will all but disappear (remember, there's nothing you can do to prevent legitimate sales from ending up on warez sites...that is an entirely different subject).

Last edited:
Oh god, this again.

1. XI Blog 1.1 has not yet been released a year. XI Blog 1.0 was LN Blog which was rebranded so that customers could get XI Blog as it was released; people who purchased 1.0 and 1.1 (for a brief period) were credited extra time to cover the time in which the add-on was re-developed. The development delay was explained, yet you ignore it repeatedly.
2. The product is usable and is stable (with the exception of two on-going bugs which have been difficult to track down). Bug fixes are released as they're found, and larger releases fix many bugs at once.
3. Never has anyone been told to suck it up, so stop with the lying. Every suggestion, ever bug report and everything else has been read and often commented on. The only suggestions that have been vetoed have been things that do not fit the product, and they have usually been added to a tentative list of features for the future as they're not core functionality.

If you want a refund, I'll refund it out of pocket this weekend just so I don't have to deal with your constant defamation of Onimua, who quite honestly doesn't need it.
Perhaps you could gee up Onimua and get him to start on the importers? I am with Anthony, this blog addon has been promising things for far longer than my aged memory can remember, oh, what about the gallery? Or is that a different company?

Perhaps you could gee up Onimua and get him to start on the importers? I am with Anthony, this blog addon has been promising things for far longer than my aged memory can remember, oh, what about the gallery? Or is that a different company?

Both of those were meant to be done by King Kovifor, and I honestly know about as much as their development as you do. The last discussion I had with him in regards to galleria was the last time I posted in the Galleria thread, and I'm not aware of anything happening since.

Onimua is pretty much the only active developer at XenFluence, other than a few small things by Jeremy here and there (which we usually do not get prior word about).

I'll bring up importers with Onimua as they're high priority, but I can't say when they'll be done.

Both of those were meant to be done by King Kovifor, and I honestly know about as much as their development as you do. The last discussion I had with him in regards to galleria was the last time I posted in the Galleria thread, and I'm not aware of anything happening since.

Onimua is pretty much the only active developer at XenFluence, other than a few small things by Jeremy here and there (which we usually do not get prior word about).

I'll bring up importers with Onimua as they're high priority, but I can't say when they'll be done.
Thanks, basically you just told us that XenFluence is one person. Now, where is the production Blog and Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom