XF 1.5 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to ***** failed: No Such User Here - library/Ze

samclarke669

Hi all,

I hope you can help.

I've been testing my forum for a while and sorted out some email problems, however, i was trying to turn on two-factor authentication with my admin account, and the following error appears.

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to *********** failed: No Such User Here - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: admin, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(289): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(Array, 300)
#1 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(211): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->rcpt('sclarke@zoomcor...')
#2 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Tfa/Email.php(41): XenForo_Mail->send('sclarke@zoomcor...', 'admin')
#7 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(1242): XenForo_Tfa_Email->triggerVerification('setup', Array, '82.152.245.150', Array)
#8 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionTwoStepEnable()
#9 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home3/zoomcor1/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(57) "http://zoomf8.com/forum/index.php?account/two-step/enable"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["account/two-step/enable"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["provider"] => string(5) "email"
}
}

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Cheers Chris. the mailserver has no accounts or usernames connected to it though. obviously all of our forum members won't have users with our mail server.

Am i being thick? my personal email which is @gmail.com worked fine

According to the error log above, the email is being sent to sclarke@zoomcor and the server at "zoomcor" is saying that it doesn't have a user named sclarke. Obviously I can't see the full email address, but hopefully you get the point. In basic terms, the email address you have set up for your forum account appears to be wrong and pointing to an email address that doesn't exist.

Top Bottom