1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to ***** failed: No Such User Here - library/Ze

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by samclarke669, Nov 11, 2015.

1. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

Hi all,

I hope you can help.

I've been testing my forum for a while and sorted out some email problems, however, i was trying to turn on two-factor authentication with my admin account, and the following error appears.

Any ideas?
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The error is suggesting that the user "sclarke" doesn't exist at the receiving email server.
  3. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

Cheers Chris. the mailserver has no accounts or usernames connected to it though. obviously all of our forum members won't have users with our mail server.

Am i being thick? my personal email which is @gmail.com worked fine
  4. Chris D

According to the error log above, the email is being sent to sclarke@zoomcor and the server at "zoomcor" is saying that it doesn't have a user named sclarke. Obviously I can't see the full email address, but hopefully you get the point. In basic terms, the email address you have set up for your forum account appears to be wrong and pointing to an email address that doesn't exist.
  5. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

Hi Chris,

I've just been into my profile and "sclarke@zoomcorp.co.uk" is setup. this is my email address that i use daily at work. I'm not sure why its saying zoomcor though
  6. Chris D

That's normal it deliberately truncates the message.

Regardless, the email server (zoomcorp.co.uk) is rejecting emails being sent to sclarke@zoomcorp.co.uk. That's what the error message is reporting. You will need to investigate the issue from the mail server side of things.
  7. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

Ah right, I think i understand now. That email (well, domain) is registered through office 365. strange that it wouldnt accept the email from Xenforo/the forums host?
  8. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

Hmm.. i've just created a new user on our O365 account and the same message occurs...how bizarre!
  9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Are you on shared hosting? If not, can you check the MTA logs on your forum server to see what full error it's giving?
  10. samclarke669

samclarke669 New Member

I think i'm on shared hosting, with JustHost