1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: author array must include a "name" key with a non-empty str

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by sajal, Aug 10, 2016.

1. sajal

sajal New Member

I'm getting lots of errors logged into the back-end server log like this:

Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: author array must include a "name" key with a non-empty string value - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:92
    Generated By: Unknown Account, xxxx 13.33

array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(68) "/forums/test.31/index.rss"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/test_31/index_rss"] => string(0) ""
    ["_POST"] => array(0) {

#0 library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(71): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->addAuthor(Array)
    #1 library/ModEss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(25): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
    #2 library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): ModEss_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
    #3 library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('WidgetFramework...', 'Rss', Array, 'forum_view')
    #4 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(585): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'forum_view', NULL)
    #5 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
    #6 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #7 {main}

Any ideas?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah I can see on the forum referenced in the error (which is actually named "Tupakoinnin lopettajat", not "test" as the URL suggests) there is actually a very old thread which does not appear to have a username.

Notice the single comma here:

Just before the comma is supposed to be the username of the person who started the thread.

This is an unusual thing to happen, but it is most likely as a result of data being imported from another forum software. If this is just an isolated incident, you could either just delete that thread (permanently), or update the xf_thread table so that the username field for that thread actually has a value.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe that we've generally seen this happen with imports using a non-standard importer. (Our default one has code to prevent this.)
  4. sajal

sajal New Member