XF 1.3 Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: author array must include a "name" key with a non-empty str

sajal

I'm getting lots of errors logged into the back-end server log like this:

Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: author array must include a "name" key with a non-empty string value - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:92
Generated By: Unknown Account, xxxx 13.33

array(3) {
["url"] => string(68) "/forums/test.31/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forums/test_31/index_rss"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

#0 library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(71): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->addAuthor(Array)
#1 library/ModEss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(25): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
#2 library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): ModEss_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
#3 library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('WidgetFramework...', 'Rss', Array, 'forum_view')
#4 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(585): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'forum_view', NULL)
#5 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#6 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yeah I can see on the forum referenced in the error (which is actually named "Tupakoinnin lopettajat", not "test" as the URL suggests) there is actually a very old thread which does not appear to have a username.

Notice the single comma here:

upload_2016-8-10_10-43-22.webp

Just before the comma is supposed to be the username of the person who started the thread.

This is an unusual thing to happen, but it is most likely as a result of data being imported from another forum software. If this is just an isolated incident, you could either just delete that thread (permanently), or update the xf_thread table so that the username field for that thread actually has a value.

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe that we've generally seen this happen with imports using a non-standard importer. (Our default one has code to prevent this.)

Top Bottom