XF 2.2 YouTube asking for CAPTCHA? (Xenforo 2.2.12 Cloud Hosted)

Hobbes

Hey everyone, I tried searching for this to no avail and was curious if anyone was having issues with embedded YouTube videos asking for CAPTCHA verification from your members as of recently?

I have two different members (on iPhone devices if that makes any difference) that started reporting yesterday that any YouTube links (and only YouTube) on our forum started requiring a CAPTCHA input to view, but it seems intermittent (they said they'd refresh and videos load fine.)

This is what his screen looks like:

1681929529117.webp

When I looked up on Google why that might be; most arrows point towards it being a "YouTube" thing, meaning their service is potentially detecting something weird (even something as simple as jumping around from too many videos in a short period of time.)

Is there anything we might have done on our end; or is likely just on the end of YouTube? Only 2 members have reported the issue; it works fine the rest of the community (but I told the two that I would dig further and post this!)

Appreciated any insight or guidance!

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I tried searching for this to no avail and was curious if anyone was having issues with embedded YouTube videos asking for CAPTCHA verification from your members as of recently?

I have two different members (on iPhone devices if that makes any difference) that started reporting yesterday that any YouTube links (and only YouTube) on our forum started requiring a CAPTCHA input to view, but it seems intermittent (they said they'd refresh and videos load fine.)

This is what his screen looks like:

View attachment 284874

When I looked up on Google why that might be; most arrows point towards it being a "YouTube" thing, meaning their service is potentially detecting something weird (even something as simple as jumping around from too many videos in a short period of time.)

Is there anything we might have done on our end; or is likely just on the end of YouTube? Only 2 members have reported the issue; it works fine the rest of the community (but I told the two that I would dig further and post this!)

Appreciated any insight or guidance!

Thanks!
I am having the same issue, dod you resolve it?

Top Bottom