Your XenForo 1.1 Wish List

• Troll detector module that lists trolls by 'troll time totals'
  • Foot doodle image warning module that will send PC to all members with RED HEADLINE WARNING

I still want that coffee maker ... I could settle for a one-click control for my current coffee maker

On a more serious note. Besides http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-central-registration-system.975/
(yes I am going to continue mentioning that everywhere until I get it, in fact, people that have not liked first post please go there and like it)

My moderators seem to miss the following:
- Infractions
- Copy/Duplicate post (unless I missed it)

And my users
- Changing the thread title (can't? really?)
- Image for the signature
.. wow, my users do not miss much

I DO NOT miss the following
calendar (useless), blog (sticking with vB), groups (missed by some, I do not like them), profile customization (yuck)

Please join the fight against feature creep by liking this post. Every like will be used to fight this horrible condition.
There is a difference between feature creep and actual features, and XenForo is missing some features that would actually be useful.

XenForo has the problem of being in a market with a baseline that was defined by it's competitors. Until the day that XenForo matches feature by feature all of those, it will be perceived as "inferior" by some. Although I agree that having some of those as additional products and add-ons would be a good architecture, I do think that they are needed.

Myself, I invested in the albums, groups, and blogs in vB, those for me were not feature creep, my members actually use them and I have huge activity on them. Problem now is, I cannot (easily) move away from vB because now sacrificing them is not an option.

Also, it is impossible to define what feature creep is for XenForo, because we do not have access to the vision of it. Till this day I don't know if Mike&Kier are creating a solution for creating communities, the ultimate forum solution, or the central marketplace for all-you-need-in-a-website. Without knowing what the plan is, it is impossible to know if a feature fits in it or not.

And since I do not expect that to be shared with me, all I know and care is that this is an excellent, and superior product and it solves my need for a forum solution and collaboration platform. And I'll just stay with that for now. In the meantime I will make suggestions about what I need in hope that they align with the vision for the software and in turn help discover what the market needs.

It would be great at some point if there was way to get to someones user profile on the forum, from their account within the admincp. Or the other way round, or both.

Kier said:

See the problem with that us a lot of older members are so used to saying Gold it will take TIME to get used to it.

I mean I'm sure there are some words you used, which you had to substitute with other ones. I doubt it took an overnight change to get used to it.

I say gold a lot too, only because that is what I've always heard of for the most part.

I'll slowly get the handle of calling it stable.

The XenForo 1.1 need that

Prefix on Titles
Tags on threads
Search on AdminCP
Moderator CP (ModCP)

With that i love this script haha :P

My wish on xf.com is to have a large "you must be a licensed customer" message when people try clicking on the attached pictures in the various resource forums, or allow non-licensed customers to view those.

We get many threads about that.

I have two xenforo licenses... will be purchasing more in the future (for myself and for our hosting clients) and would love to see thread prefixes and tags.

Thanks for 1.0.0 guys! What a great accomplishment.

Rob

My wish on xf.com is to have a large "you must be a licensed customer" message when people try clicking on the attached pictures in the various resource forums, or allow non-licensed customers to view those.

We get many threads about that.
And better yet: allow viewing of screenshots of add-ons, then show the "you must be a licensed customer" message for the add-on files.

Top Bottom