1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future feature wish list

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Blue, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Now that the suit is over and it's back to the business of Xenforo, here is my future feature wish list

1 Removing PM permission removes all send/receive access to PM system. Option to allow send/receive with staff only.

2 Permissions for upgrade system access

3 Topic display by date range. Topics older than selected date range in ACP 30 days, 90 days, etc, not displayed, topics still available if url is known.

2. boban

boban Well-Known Member

1. Rebuild Caches - Rebuild attachment thumbnails

2. Mass deleting users (awaiting confirmation)

3. Remove ATTACH, MEDIA and IMG tags from search results

soloarquitectura and Blue like this.
  3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Search and or delete zero posters.

Alien and soloarquitectura like this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

There is an addon for that *i think*

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Should be in the core package.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

As far as search and delete for zero posters it is much more necessary now than before with the recent surge in spam registrations. I can't help but think that there are a large number of sleeper spammers on my site just waiting to be purged.

7. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Here are my wishes in order...
    1. Mobile phone and Tablet (small touch screen) support [a responsive design would be preferred] :)
    2. Add-on Store - from where we can explore add-ons from within Admin panel, (buy it if paid) and install it. Option to add multiple repositories will be awesome! :)
    3. Database Agnostic (or at least support for PostgreSQL) [possibly by using an ORM] :)

simunaqv, Shakir and Blue like this.
  8. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

No wishes here.

I trust Mike + Kier.

They know what they are doing........ (y)

emc2 likes this.
  9. emc2

emc2 Active Member

I think having a seperate mobile/tablet style should be left for third-party skinners. However, I would like to see a simple option which allows you to set a style that you choose for mobile/tablet visitors.

As for my feature request:

1. Subscribe to forum.

Blue likes this.
  10. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Mobile devices with touch screens are becoming more important day by day and we are gradually moving towards Mobile-First mentality when it comes to web application development. Having said that, I would have agreed with you couple of years ago but not now. To me, it should be one of the core features of a discussion board like software. Developers may still have to use desktop like machines with physical keyboards but most of the people are trying to interact with tablets and other such portable devices. Our analytics has proven this gradual shift.

If third party skins and apps are the way to go, in that case I would wish if there was an API exposed in the core with CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing) support (JSON with CORS headers in the response). That will allow us to develop independent mobile apps without overriding any of the existing controller actions.

11. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Better smiley administration. The existing system stinks!

Alien and Shelley like this.
  12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

God yeah it does stink badly the xenforo smiley system. But I'm sure with development commencing this will get a complete revamp.

- Batch uploading
    - Categories
    - frontend categories
    - Replacement variable options (so different smilies for different coloured styles) << Currently on my wishlist

All in the core.

I could sit here all day listing features for the smiley manager so I better stop. :D

Biker likes this.
  13. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Hmmmm..

- Solve world hunger
    - Make me rich
    - Tell me the meaning of life

Does everything else I need it to do currently. I'm easy to impress.

Bob likes this.
  14. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

15. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

At the very least, batch uploading with an easy method of getting them to display in the forums. The existing system is so convoluted, I'm still using the defaults. Creating a script to get a ton of new ones uploaded is too much of a pain in the backside.

Shelley likes this.
  16. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

By anychance are you using the DC Smiley Manager add-on. it hasn't got all features we would all like but it's got some and a step in the right direction? If not you may want to take a look at that one, highly recommended http://xenforo.com/community/resources/dc-smiley-manager.1076/

17. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Managing them in the forums isn't my issue. It's uploading the metric crapton of smilies that I refuse to spend hours in getting uploaded and recognized by ZF. Unless that addon automatically reads the smilies in the server's directory and adds them to XF, it does me absolutely no good right now.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The option for post reports to go to a forum so reports and comments can be saved and reviewed by staff if needed.

Biker likes this.
  19. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a huge discussion about this in 2010. I still hate the existing system.

20. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I thinks it's very important to make the default Xenforo skin be easy to use with a tablet. Small buttons like the New Post button need to be made larger so the tablet users can easy press it.

Blue likes this.