Your Top 5 Favorite Xenforo Modifications?

Cheers Stewart, beginning to see the potential in it now. This thread for me has to be one of the most useful posted in a long time - am being shown some fantastic mods to install. Now looking at Tag Me and Post Ratings!

Azucloud
With Xenforo's pretty fantastic SEO, this modification is like icing on the cake. I've seen it help us a lot in our community and sometimes its just fun seeing how people find your site.

Merge Double User Post [xfr]
Pretty handy, we dislike double posts , users tend to double post to increase their post count (since post count + likes = rank on our community). This helps ease the moderation and merges double posts.

LN Blog
Pretty neat blog system, adds more to the happiness of the community and helps keep random topics off threads.

Jake's Nodes As Tabs is very useful in highlighting whats important in the navigation bar, and Custom BB Code manager let's us use some BB Codes that are important to our community.

- node as tabs by Jake Bunce
- Xenmoods by Dismounted
- The happyplace - by inph
- Bookmarks - Syndol
- Toggle sidebar - by tfh
I stopped using The Happy Place because once I clicked on it, I could not close the box unless I scrolled all the way to the bottom. When you have 500 + smilies, it's very inconvenient.

Azucloud
With Xenforo's pretty fantastic SEO, this modification is like icing on the cake. I've seen it help us a lot in our community and sometimes its just fun seeing how people find your site.

Merge Double User Post [xfr]
Pretty handy, we dislike double posts , users tend to double post to increase their post count (since post count + likes = rank on our community). This helps ease the moderation and merges double posts.

LN Blog
Pretty neat blog system, adds more to the happiness of the community and helps keep random topics off threads.

Jake's Nodes As Tabs is very useful in highlighting whats important in the navigation bar, and Custom BB Code manager let's us use some BB Codes that are important to our community.
I liked the merge double user post at first but then it became an inconvenience because some members post a lot of photos and you can't merge posts that have the max allotted amount of photos. That means when they post right after their first photo post, the merge double user posts won't let them. So I had to uninstall it.

I stopped using The Happy Place because once I clicked on it, I could not close the box unless I scrolled all the way to the bottom. When you have 500 + smilies, it's very inconvenient.

Yeah it definitely has it's limitations with regards to/for users using a vast amount of smilies, but it serves as a better alternative than the dropdown imo. That's where category sorting and frontend category navigating would greatly benefit.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smilies-under-type-box.5676/page-3#post-110930

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smilies-under-type-box.5676/page-3#post-110889

Yeah it definitely has it's limitations with regards to/for users using a vast amount of smilies, but it serves as a better alternative than the dropdown imo. That's where category sorting and frontend category navigating would greatly benefit.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smilies-under-type-box.5676/page-3#post-110930

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smilies-under-type-box.5676/page-3#post-110889
WTF? Why hasn't anyone made this yet? That's excellent!!!

WTF? Why hasn't anyone made this yet? That's excellent!!!

Because Tinymce is the biggest, most difficult ******* to work with. Or so I've been told which I can believe. Myself and inph brainstormed potential features to death and came up with some really nice ideas/mockup drawings what an up to date full smiley manager should be, what features and functionality it should consist of. This would entail everything from backend functionality to frontend functionality being introduced. It's not what I would say is the type of add-on the average developer would build, or need for that matter. Secondly, not an add-on that would probably be made or posted as a free add-on. It would be something someone would request (paid) to be built to their specifications which judging by the work need would cost into the thousands. Thousands being if it was built to the specs I have in mind due to the amount of time it would take to develop.

Because Tinymce is the biggest, most difficult ******* to work with. Or so I've been told which I can believe. Myself and inph brainstormed potential features to death and came up with some really nice ideas/mockup drawings what an up to date full smiley manager should be, what features and functionality it should consist of. This would entail everything from backend functionality to frontend functionality being introduced. It's not what I would say is the type of add-on the average developer would build, or need for that matter. Secondly, not an add-on that would probably be made or posted as a free add-on. It would be something someone would request (paid) to be built to their specifications which judging by the work need would cost into the thousands. Thousands being if it was built to the specs I have in mind due to the amount of time it would take to develop.
Why would it cost thousands?

Built to your own specifications? the following keywords come to mind. "custom" >> "Time" time it would take to develop based on <insert developers hourly rate here>

Example: style at one of the styling providors. $30 dollars or thereabouts. One off style built to your specifications, $500 minimum from a reputable styler.

Styles you see advertised and sold for £30, get sold "over and over" again. When something is built as a one off item for somebody, it's different because it's not a mass sold thing and they need to recoup all work put into it from that one sale only. That's the biggest reason you'll always pay more for custom work, rather than buying something that's mass sold.

Built to your own specifications? the following keywords come to mind. "custom" >> "Time" time it would take to develop based on <insert developers hourly rate here>

Example: style at one of the styling providors. $30 dollars or thereabouts. One off style built to your specifications, $500 minimum from a reputable styler.
wtf?

See that's the problem. You can't depend on who are all about money. Just befriend a coder and help them out with whatever your talented with and he should scratch your back as well. Peeps who don't help their buddies out are fair-weather friends. I think we were all taught about the worth of fair-weather friends growing up.

Styles you see advertised and sold for £30, get sold "over and over" again. When something is built as a "one off" for somebody, it's different because it's not a mass sold item and they need to recoup all work put into it from that one sale only. That's the biggest reason you'll always pay more for custom work, rather than buying something that's mass sold.
I don't think it will cost thousands if she made the right connections. It might take a little luck but it happens. If I was a coder and I knew how I'd develop it myself for free in return for some custom smilies.

Top Bottom