1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your top favorite Xenforo designs that dont look close to stock Xenforo?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by surfsup, Feb 8, 2014.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Saturated market of designs that look so close to the stock design of xenforo, what are your favorite designs out there that look totally opposite?

Trying to get a few more ideas

2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

3. netrix

netrix Active Member

UI.X Light+Dark
    Core

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

5. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

UI.X is so ubiquitous that I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought it was stock XenForo. :ROFLMAO: It's for good reason of course, it's a lovely theme.

Personally I don't like to use premade themes even as a base, I like making something totally custom. That said, I think @Sage Knight 's styles go under recognized -- they're really nice!

Mike Creuzer and Sage Knight like this.
  6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

7. Razasharp

Razasharp Well-Known Member

Mine :D

Seriously tho, the stock XF is pretty neat as it is - which is probably why skinners don't feel the need to veer off too much.

Also, you have to weigh up maintenance - the more your templates are modified the more work you have to do when upgrading.

8. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

~3min, maybe? With tons of edited templates. It's not as much work as is being led on.

9. Razasharp

Are you using the 'merge' tool? I haven't really been using XF long enough to see how much work it entails tbh.

10. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

P8ntballer.com :)

11. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Yes.

12. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Your family guy fan page is awesome!! Love the ribbon 3d effect on the featured thread too. @Audentio is working on a few things for me atm.

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  13. Razasharp

On vB I used to rebuild the style from scratch for every major version, and do individual updates for point releases. But I just don't have as much time for forums any more - so that merge tool will come in handy!

14. Razasharp

Family guy design looks wicked :)

15. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

What n00b designed that one? :D

Slavik likes this.
  16. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

17. Wing

Wing Active Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  18. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

arms, Dakis, Razasharp and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

This is awesome, one of the best designs I've seen for xenforo. Matches that niche 100%.

Congratulations whoever did that :D