Your site's rank on Google search

My site is ALIEN BABBLE
Since you know about SEO stuff, maybe you can suggest some changes to XF's developers by posting a thread on the suggestions forum :)

I LOVE the site :) awesome graphics :) Who's your graphic designer? I need some custom work done for mine too :)

OK, see this?

content="alien, ufo, paranormal, conspiracy theory, cryptozoology, forum, forums"

remove the "forums", it's not needed, it's classed as duplicate keyword stuffing and searching engines ignore plurals. :)

and remove "forum" as well to be honest, its not needed, you can have this in your meta description instead. works just as well and keeps your keyword density score high for the MAIN phrases you want to rank for :)

also, remove the comma's :)

Why? then you'll have a mixture of keyword phrases.

ie

alien ufo paranormal conspiracy theory forum
alien ufo paranormal conspiracy
ufo paranormal conspiracy theory
ufo paranormal conspiracy
alien ufo

etc, etc, and so on :)

otherwise you're just asking to rank for "ufo", "alien", etc etc which is really hard.

You also have to consider something else. When you are searching for phrases that you want to rank for and you're checking google, etc, the more you search for these phrases, Google will create a profile based on your searches so they will push the relevant site up, ie, yours to the top, and when someone else searches it wont appear in the same rank/position.

One of the best ways to get around that is either a) delete all temps, cookies and cache from your computer then run the search again - but you will have to do it on each search. b) The other is to use incognito mode on your browser, and c) and lastly use a proxy IP address. Then you will get the true result of that GEO-IP location. ie, UK, USA, AUS, EU, etc, etc

Also, I don't see any Google Analytics on your website, add that to your pages, it will help google understand more what your web page is about. And you will be able to figure out where the highest bounce rates are so you can improve that page so people dont leave your site so quickly.

Your home page is not very intutiive, lacks menus, even though there is a menu icon on the far right, you have to remember there are not many people online who can surf websites well. so you have to SHOW them where the links to your inner pages are.

AND make sure your website does not load via WWW. using a web site that loads WWW. in the domain, is insecure. make sure it defaults to Non-www.

Plus WWW. is a keyword phrase and it's unrelated to your website.

see this?

Aliens, UFOs, Conspiracies, Cryptozoology, Paranormal & More. Come Explore The Enigma!

this is your description, it's very WEAK

Who searches for "and more"?
or who searches for "come explore the enigma"??

no one! so you're hurting your SEO score. your decryption is like the preface of a book before you buy to read the entire novel.

see this?

Although the content is good, it has no seo factors. there are no links hyperlinking to other parts of your page and or to another resource. ie, wiki-pedia, remember that the better you improve user experience the better you rank. and it reduces the bounce rate so you rank higher.

Imagine, if you were Google and you had a list of websites in its index, would you come back to Google as a customer to search for something if you knew the web results were bad, ie, the sites it shows at the top that dont help you in anyway? I wouldn't... so, the more you improve on this, the more Google will reward you :)

The content above in your article has no related phrases. FORCE these phrases in.

You could say something similar to this, so this is part of your article:

Did you know that my avatar drawing is from an real encounter with an unknow being?

to

Did you know that my spaceman/astronaut suit avatar drawing is from an real encounter with an Alien from outer space, i know this all sounds like alien ufo conspiracy, but its true!

another thing too, is you are using a 3rd party link to produce that image.. that's BAD.

see here?

gZAn2QB.jpg ??? thats BAD

save the image, upload it, and name the image file name: spaceman-suit-astronaut.jpg and give it a ALT tag of: "Spaceman Suit confronts Alien from outer space".

See what we did here? :) adding related phrases, so now you have a page that is more explanatory and the image will show up in the image search engine results too based on that phrase in the ALT tag AND the file name :)

You also have words like "READ MORE HERE".. no, that's bad.. be more specific, "Read more about Alien Conspiracy theories", etc, etc, so what you are doing is hyperlinking a keyword phrase to another inner page, or 3rd party resource, this all helps user experience. they'll keep coming back to your site to search for more information as you try to become an authority in that niche :)

See this here?

This should be at the bottom... Google reads content from the top to the bottom. so its best to put all the related info at the top.

The forum descriptions you have, seem to be ok, this is how your meta description should be.

xenForo need to work on their RSS feeds too, they are not human readable

any way keep practicing those type of things and remember, mainly to link up resources across your pages, and see if you can hack the HTML code to put rel="nofollow" on member pages, contact us, etc, etc so you can control the flow of the page rank. you dont want to have PR assigned to contact pages, TOS, privacy terms, etc, etc. it's a waste of ranking power.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
oh, one other last thing, see if you can get on a CDN: content distribution network.. this will auto save your pages and images and it will also minify HTML and CSS files for you automatically so the page loading times are reduced ... CDN also distributes the content across the globe and loads the nearest server where your visitors are located so it loads faster. :)

siteground.com has this free :) and its about $7 per month for web hosting :)

I LOVE the site :) awesome graphics :) Who's your graphic designer? I need some custom work done for mine too :)

OK, see this?

content="alien, ufo, paranormal, conspiracy theory, cryptozoology, forum, forums"

remove the "forums", it's not needed, it's classed as duplicate keyword stuffing and searching engines ignore plurals. :)

and remove "forum" as well to be honest, its not needed, you can have this in your meta description instead. works just as well and keeps your keyword density score high for the MAIN phrases you want to rank for :)

also, remove the comma's :)

Why? then you'll have a mixture of keyword phrases.

ie

alien ufo paranormal conspiracy theory forum
alien ufo paranormal conspiracy
ufo paranormal conspiracy theory
ufo paranormal conspiracy
alien ufo

etc, etc, and so on :)

otherwise you're just asking to rank for "ufo", "alien", etc etc which is really hard.

You also have to consider something else. When you are searching for phrases that you want to rank for and you're checking google, etc, the more you search for these phrases, Google will create a profile based on your searches so they will push the relevant site up, ie, yours to the top, and when someone else searches it wont appear in the same rank/position.

One of the best ways to get around that is either a) delete all temps, cookies and cache from your computer then run the search again - but you will have to do it on each search. b) The other is to use incognito mode on your browser, and c) and lastly use a proxy IP address. Then you will get the true result of that GEO-IP location. ie, UK, USA, AUS, EU, etc, etc

Also, I don't see any Google Analytics on your website, add that to your pages, it will help google understand more what your web page is about. And you will be able to figure out where the highest bounce rates are so you can improve that page so people dont leave your site so quickly.

Your home page is not very intutiive, lacks menus, even though there is a menu icon on the far right, you have to remember there are not many people online who can surf websites well. so you have to SHOW them where the links to your inner pages are.

AND make sure your website does not load via WWW. using a web site that loads WWW. in the domain, is insecure. make sure it defaults to Non-www.

see this?

Aliens, UFOs, Conspiracies, Cryptozoology, Paranormal & More. Come Explore The Enigma!

this is your description, it's very WEAK

Who searches for "and more"?
or who searches for "come explore the enigma"??

no one! so you're hurting your SEO score. your decryption is like the preface of a book before you buy to read the entire novel.

see this?

View attachment 199315

Although the content is good, it has no seo factors. there are no links hyperlinking to other parts of your page and or to another resource. ie, wiki-pedia, remember that the better you improve user experience the better you rank. and it reduces the bounce rate so you rank higher.

Imagine, if you were Google and you had a list of websites in its index, would you come back to Google as a customer to search for something if you knew the web results were bad, ie, the sites it shows at the top that dont help you in anyway? I wouldn't... so, the more you improve on this, the more Google will reward you :)

The content above in your article has no related phrases. FORCE these phrases in.

You could say something similar to this, so this is part of your article:

Did you know that my avatar drawing is from an real encounter with an unknow being?

to

Did you know that my spaceman/astronaut suit avatar drawing is from an real encounter with an Alien from outer space, i know this all sounds like alien ufo conspiracy, but its true!

another thing too, is you are using a 3rd party link to produce that image.. that's BAD.

see here?

View attachment 199316

gZAn2QB.jpg ??? thats BAD

save the image, upload it, and name the image file name: spaceman-suit-astronaut.jpg and give it a ALT tag of: "Spaceman Suit confronts Alien from outer space".

See what we did here? :) adding related phrases, so now you have a page that is more explanatory and the image will show up in the image search engine results too based on that phrase in the ALT tag AND the file name :)

You also have words like "READ MORE HERE".. no, that's bad.. be more specific, "Read more about Alien Conspiracy theories", etc, etc, so what you are doing is hyperlinking a keyword phrase to another inner page, or 3rd party resource, this all helps user experience. they'll keep coming back to your site to search for more information as you try to become an authority in that niche :)

See this here?

View attachment 199317

This should be at the bottom... Google reads content from the top to the bottom. so its best to put all the related info at the top.

The forum descriptions you have, seem to be ok, this is how your meta description should be.

xenForo need to work on their RSS feeds too, they are not human readable

any way keep practicing those type of things and remember, mainly to link up resources across your pages, and see if you can hack the HTML code to put rel="nofollow" on member pages, contact us, etc, etc so you can control the flow of the page rank. you dont want to have PR assigned to contact pages, TOS, privacy terms, etc, etc. it's a waste of ranking power.

I hope this helps :)
Awesome SEO audit, V702. Thanks a lot! I will go over each suggestion and see if I can tidy up AB some more. And thank you for diggin' the design. The guys at @Pixel Exit put everything together for me, but I'm solely responsible for any tackiness lol. The graphics are all from stock photography sites such as 123rf, Shutterstock, and a few independent artists who granted us permission to use their images. The only thing we commissioned were our logos, which were made by Brett Parson over at BlitzCadet.

oh, one other last thing, see if you can get on a CDN: content distribution network.. this will auto save your pages and images and it will also minify HTML and CSS files for you automatically so the page loading times are reduced ... CDN also distributes the content across the globe and loads the nearest server where your visitors are located so it loads faster. :)

siteground.com has this free :) and its about $7 per month for web hosting :)
Holy cow! I just read through this thread.. who are you and where did you come from?
Please can you look over mine and offer me some suggestions too!? :phttps://www.joyfreak.com/

Awesome SEO audit, V702. Thanks a lot! I will go over each suggestion and see if I can tidy up AB some more. And thank you for diggin' the design. The guys at @Pixel Exit put everything together for me, but I'm solely responsible for any tackiness lol. The graphics are all from stock photography sites such as 123rf, Shutterstock, and a few independent artists who granted us permission to use their images. The only thing we commissioned were our logos, which were made by Brett Parson over at BlitzCadet.

one thing, you must link more your home page and if you allow me, add more text there

Your title and some anchor text wrong

You home and forums page have same title ( wrong )

You anchor text are wrong too, you have "Alien Babble — Explore The Enigma" on forums page when it should be exact or mixed

see this?

Sorry what? The www. subdomain has absolutely no bearing on whether your site is secure or not, that's down to how you configure your backend. You can serve secure content over www.mysite.com, mysite.com or blacksheep.mysite.com. What's important is to ensure you redirect www to mysite.com or vice versa as google will tell you that it will treat both as separate entities unless there's a 301 redirect in there.

one thing, you must link more your home page and if you allow me, add more text there

Your title and some anchor text wrong

You home and forums page have same title ( wrong )

You anchor text are wrong too, you have "Alien Babble — Explore The Enigma" on forums page when it should be exact or mixed
Kewl. Thanks. Wut sort of text for the main page? :)

Kewl. Thanks. Wut sort of text for the main page? :)

Minimum 400 words.

I would do this.

What's this about ?

Why is important ?

What you can find here ?

Speak to people, then edit the text and look for related words.

Bold the titles ,, Increases Your CTR with Icons

⭐🥇✅⛔⚡✨

Try to experience new things..Expect results in hours or weeks.

This is the best option for style

best.webp

this, not so much today. ( the old way )

1.webp

Last edited:
Minimum 400 words.

I would do this.

What's this about ?

Why is important ?

What you can find here ?

Speak to people, then edit the text and look for related words.

Bold the titles ,, Increases Your CTR with Icons

⭐🥇✅⛔⚡✨

Try to experience new things..Expect results in hours or weeks.
Sounds great! I was planning on remodeling the main page. I will definitely consider your tips. Thanks!

Random thoughts (I'm old, grumpy, and haven't had enough coffee today yet, if any of this seems blunt, blame the lack of coffee)...

Concentrate on content and quality of it, not whether emoji shows up in your titles or not. https://www.seroundtable.com/google-ignores-special-characters-23787.html Same for the add-ons and themes; the graphics you're working on look great but run your site through Google's tools and you'll see that they ignore the visuals, the content of page is what is being examined.

If you have to post something yourself everyday just to make sure that there is something new, do it.

You still have forums with 0 posts in them; why? Consider that maybe for 'Day One' you have too many sub-forums. Do you really need 6 empty forums for 'Religion & Spiritually' to get started with or would a single forum named 'Religion & Spiritually' be enough to get some discussion started? If you were a new user to the site, would you be more inclined to browse a single topic forum with a several conversations in it or would you go through the effort of browsing several sub-categorized forums that only have 1 or 2 conversations in them?

As a guest, what does "Sign Up Today and Explore The Enigma!" mean to me? The enigma of what?

Do you have a enough members online at the same time to have a Chat area that is actually used? Could any of the stuff being talked about there make for a thread instead? Why show a guest an empty chat area that they don't have permissions to anyway?

What does that "XP" menu option do for me? Seems a bit redundant to have a dedicated menu that does nothing other than take me to yet another menu, especially when I'm already in the forums and there is a "Home" link there as well. Does https://www.alienbabble.com/xportal/authors/ work? On my machine I'm getting blank page.

Until you have active members online through out the day, consider removing the "Members Online" widget from the top of sidebar, at the moment it just highlights the low amount of activity.

Consider moving the "Alien Babble Government" (which I'd personally rename to "Alien Babble Community" but that's a different topic) category to below the other categories so that the first forums a guest sees visiting the page is the forums that is the emphasis of the site.

Do you really want that splash page to be the first thing people see or the forums?

Why have the 'Share' icons show up on a modal pop-up instead of displaying them directly in the sidebar widget like normal? In order to 'share' the forum home page to, for example, Twitter, I'd end up landing on the splash page, clicking through that, land on the forum home page, click on a 'share' button, get a pop-up box, then click again on the Twitter icon, and then I can finally share it by clicking through to post it to Twitter.

Last edited:
Random thoughts (I'm old, grumpy, and haven't had enough coffee today yet, if any of this seems blunt, blame the lack of coffee)...

Concentrate on content and quality of it, not whether emoji shows up in your titles or not. https://www.seroundtable.com/google-ignores-special-characters-23787.html Same for the add-ons and themes; the graphics you're working on look great but run your site through Google's tools and you'll see that they ignore the visuals, the content of page is what is being examined.

If you have to post something yourself everyday just to make sure that there is something new, do it.

You still have forums with 0 posts in them; why? Consider that maybe for 'Day One' you have too many sub-forums. Do you really need 6 empty forums for 'Religion & Spiritually' to get started with or would a single forum named 'Religion & Spiritually' be enough to get some discussion started? If you were a new user to the site, would you be more inclined to browse a single topic forum with a several conversations in it or would you go through the effort of browsing several sub-categorized forums that only have 1 or 2 conversations in them?

As a guest, what does "Sign Up Today and Explore The Enigma!" mean to me? The enigma of what?

Do you have a enough members online at the same time to have a Chat area that is actually used? Could any of the stuff being talked about there make for a thread instead? Why show a guest an empty chat area that they don't have permissions to anyway?

What does that "XP" menu option do for me? Seems a bit redundant to have a dedicated menu that does nothing other than take me to yet another menu, especially when I'm already in the forums and there is a "Home" link there as well. Does https://www.alienbabble.com/xportal/authors/ work? On my machine I'm getting blank page.

Until you have active members online through out the day, consider removing the "Members Online" widget from the top of sidebar, at the moment it just highlights the low amount of activity.

Consider moving the "Alien Babble Government" (which I'd personally rename to "Alien Babble Community" but that's a different topic) category to below the other categories so that the first forums a guest sees visiting the page is the forums that is the emphasis of the site.

Do you really want that splash page to be the first thing people see or the forums?

Why have the 'Share' icons show up on a modal pop-up instead of displaying them directly in the sidebar widget like normal? In order to 'share' the forum home page to, for example, Twitter, I'd end up landing on the splash page, clicking through that, land on the forum home page, click on a 'share' button, get a pop-up box, then click again on the Twitter icon, and then I can finally share it by clicking through to post it to Twitter.
Oh my goodness, wut a disaster! I don't have any strength left to implement any more changes lol. Im declaring alien babble a loss and will just keep it as a piece of web real state. Thanks for your detailed analysis, tho. One thing that I'm trying to find on my own site is that mysterious authors link. Can you please tell me where it is? I don't see it anywhere :unsure:

Oh my goodness, wut a disaster! I don't have any strength left to implement any more changes lol. Im declaring alien babble a loss and will just keep it as a piece of web real state. Thanks for your detailed analysis, tho. One thing that I'm trying to find on my own site is that mysterious authors link. Can you please tell me where it is? I don't see it anywhere :unsure:
Don't give up! If you believe in the topic then it's just a matter of time & patience as you mold the community. You've already got a good looking site, you just need to really concentrate on the content for now, other items can come later. Hopefully my lack of coffee at the time I wrote that didn't cause me to be too blunt; us grumpy old people need our coffee in the morning to be hospitable. ;)

The "Authors" link shows up on the "XP" drop-down list. If you click on the "XP" menu option it goes to https://www.alienbabble.com/xportal/ but if you click on the arrow to view the drop-down list of menu items it shows the list in the attached screen shot. The other links work but "authors" goes to a blank page for me. From looking at the page source it looks like it might be a XenPorta page maybe?

Don't give up! If you believe in the topic then it's just a matter of time & patience as you mold the community. You've already got a good looking site, you just need to really concentrate on the content for now, other items can come later. Hopefully my lack of coffee at the time I wrote that didn't cause me to be too blunt; us grumpy old people need our coffee in the morning to be hospitable. ;)

The "Authors" link shows up on the "XP" drop-down list. If you click on the "XP" menu option it goes to https://www.alienbabble.com/xportal/ but if you click on the arrow to view the drop-down list of menu items it shows the list in the attached screen shot. The other links work but "authors" goes to a blank page for me. From looking at the page source it looks like it might be a XenPorta page maybe?

View attachment 201951
Oh, I see it. I wonder wut that link is for? It comes with the ThemeHouse style. Anyways, no worries about your post. I know you mean well and are just sharing wut you've learned from running a successful site. I knew the odds were not in my favour when I first made AB, but I did it anyways just because I had some cash to spend lol

Oh, I see it. I wonder wut that link is for? It comes with the ThemeHouse style. Anyways, no worries about your post. I know you mean well and are just sharing wut you've learned from running a successful site. I knew the odds were not in my favour when I first made AB, but I did it anyways just because I had some cash to spend lol

Do not give up! You’ve come this far!

Top Bottom