Your site's rank on Google search

Getting the forum I recently sold on the front page was tough. I targeted the terms "dallas cowboys forum" and "forums" after I bought the site, which was NO rank anywhere at all at the time. Lots and lots of competition in that niche with anything attached to that team name. How many people are going to be searching those terms? It turned out to be quite a lot. But if you cannot get your site's name on the first page of the name search? Seems very basic to me. It's going to be very challenging to break the Navy's grip on that term search.
I have a sports forum too. Using the same method (team name + forum) I rank 1st for it. Using just the team name I rank 9th overall. And just to mention, many people search and get to my site by using the team name + forum keyword.

It does help that I own the team name.com. The official team site has to make do with using a non.com domain ;)

As said above the question is moot as your site's rank will vary greatly depending on search terms, locale, language and a silly number of other factors that most of us are not privy to. Generally speaking it is harder to rank forums compared to static sites and WP.

I'm on the first page if you search for: alien forum, alien ufo forum (s). Sadly, that doesn't translate into members for I am content-poor :(

It's nice when it happens but let's be realistic there are that many websites out there and only a few lines on most search engines first page, we're not going to all fit :D

I don't see how that is a problem. I've dominated the first 3 pages before on Google.

Well, if someone were to search for a ufo/alien forum, wut search terms would they use? :unsure:

OK, if you want to rank for numerous phrases that are related, you need to adopt LSI, Latent Semantic Indexing.. A good example is Wiki-Pedia. Look at how their pages are structured.

There is a myth that is out there stating that you need back-links in order to rank... this a complete an utter lie!

Regular content
Grade 12 or above English
Power words
Related Phrases
Keyword Proximity
Keyword Link Proximity
Keyword density
Text Formatting: bold, underline, colon, H1, H2, TD, bullet points, etc, etc.
PageRank Bleeding control

and so many others.

OK, if you want to rank for numerous phrases that are related, you need to adopt LSI, Latent Semantic Indexing.. A good example is Wiki-Pedia. Look at how their pages are structured.

There is a myth that is out there stating that you need back-links in order to rank... this a complete an utter lie!

Regular content
Grade 12 or above English
Power words
Related Phrases
Keyword Proximity
Keyword Link Proximity
Keyword density
Text Formatting: bold, underline, colon, H1, H2, TD, bullet points, etc, etc.
PageRank Bleeding control

and so many others.
Kewl! Thanks :)

Kewl! Thanks :)

You're welcome :)

Find a plugin/add-on that allows you to hyperlink keywords then assign those keywords to pages, and then you'll start creating a web of documents that are all related to each other, just how wiki-pedia has theirs, have noticed? :) a web of information all linked up to each other?

What does it do? It conforms to Google's TOS and main goal to its user base: TO IMPROVE ON USER EXPERIENCE

the more you do this, the higher up the rankings you go and more PR is added, but you will need to learn how to do pagerank bleeding control first :)

You're welcome :)

Find a plugin/add-on that allows you to hyperlink keywords then assign those keywords to pages, and then you'll start creating a web of documents that are all related to each other, just how wiki-pedia has theirs, have noticed? :) a web of information all linked up to each other?

What does it do? It conforms to Google's TOS and main goal to its user base: TO IMPROVE ON USER EXPERIENCE

the more you do this, the higher up the rankings you go and more PR is added, but you will need to learn how to do pagerank bleeding control first :)
Thanks you very much, Vegas702. It seems you are a SEO expert. Your advice is much appreciated (y)

What's your web address? I'll see what can be improved to get over the xenForo's lack of skills to create a SEO Web page. I've noticed the HTML codding is in a bit of a mess. It's not designed for search engines at all.

you see this here? look at how many lines of code was made BEFORE the first post by the OP was made.

This is BAD... Content should be at the top... they're not using absolute positioning properly to have a good onPage SEO factor.

Also, notice the gaps in between the lines?

This is BAD, it slows the web page loading down.

What's your web address? I'll see what can be improved to get over the xenForo's lack of skills to create a SEO Web page. I've noticed the HTML codding is in a bit of a mess. It's not designed for search engines at all.
My site is ALIEN BABBLE
Since you know about SEO stuff, maybe you can suggest some changes to XF's developers by posting a thread on the suggestions forum :)

View attachment 199313

you see this here? look at how many lines of code was made BEFORE the first post by the OP was made.

This is BAD... Content should be at the top... they're not using absolute positioning properly to have a good onPage SEO factor.

Also, notice the gaps in between the lines?

This is BAD, it slows the web page loading down.
I've optimized my site to the best of my abilities, but there's probably a bunch of things that fall short of G's standards. I think I even pulled a brain muscle with your list of things to do haha.

Top Bottom