1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 "You have already completed installation."

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by WearableTechForums.com, Nov 22, 2014.

1. I twice uploaded 1.4.3 files and tried upgrading, but I'm getting this error. Please help, as my forum is now inoperable.

2. Tower

Tower Active Member

Have you deleted the internal_data/install-lock.php file?

3. No. I don't wish to reinstall. I want to upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3.

4. Tower

Tower Active Member

Try deleting the file and retry the installation.

5. Sigh. Now I seem to have gotten it, by going to /install/index.php rather than /install/. I don't know why this was a problem.

6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Did you use the full installation package, or the update package only?

7. Although I do see that the update is the same filesize as the full. This seems like a problem. Maybe the wrong one downloaded. But I did it twice!

8. Considering reverting everything.

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

10. Yes. A ton of features have gone missing. FontAwesome is disabled. There are lots of things gone.

11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

It is running fine. The only thing that seems messed up is the route prefix

12. Due respect, but unless we are not seeing the same thing, you do not realize how many things are missing. The homepage does not even work: http://wearabletechforums.com/news/

13. One of many problems in admin/
    Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at Fri, Nov 21, 9.44 PM.png

14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

15. The prefixes are correct.

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Sounds like you may have overwrote your folders as opposed to merging them.
    AS you can see here -
    http://wearabletechforums.com/styles/zipped/xenforo/node-sprite.png
    Your graphics are no longer there which tells me the style folder (and most likely every other folder) was overwritten.

Pain in the butt but redownload all your addons and reupload all the files (do not install anything via the xml, just upload)

17. Thank you. Yes, I just came to the same hypothesis. Luckily I believe my local files were all up to date. I merged the files locally this time and am uploading everything now. I'm using Transmit for FTP, and I didn't realize that drag-and-drop replace would replace folders rather than files. This is not the way Finder works on Mac, for instance. Hopefully this works!

Dan likes this.