1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo Slavik

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Sep 9, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How did you become a moderator on xenforo.com and do you enjoy your job so far?

Do you see yourself doing this five years from now? Does it come with any perks?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I got asked by Ashley if I was willing to help out after the unfortunate depature of Brogan.

For the most part it is enjoyable apart from when having to issue out warnings and trying to make a call when stuff crosses "the line" or not.

Hope so. Depends on the lawsuit outcome I guess, but based on my own interpretation of the case theres nothing to suggest I wouldn't be.

A couple... nothing ground breaking.

JVCode, TheBigK, yavuz and 1 other person like this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering! Hope you don't mind. Was extremely bored at work today.

surfsup likes this.
  4. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

what do you like about xenforo?

5. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Active Member

Is Slavik the newest mod here or something? This seems quite random. :p

6. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Well it was a little while ago but yeah, he is a new-ish mod :p

Sylar likes this.
  7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The de-junking of bloated features included in other software.

How easy it is to modify and extend

How it reduced my server loads

How it focuses on what forums should be about (chatting) and not gimmik features.

The ACP.

Loads of other stuff.

May 7th. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/onwards.31311/

ArnyVee, CyclingTribe and Jake Bunce like this.
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I feel silly to have to make this known, but someone contacted me and I feel I should address it publicly.

I am not staff here on XenForo.

I have no idea where someone got that idea from and if I've done anything to even remotely make anyone here thinks so, I do sincerely apologies to everyone. :(

I maybe a little more active than some people. I may even be a little more opinionated and vocal. I also try my best to help people whenever I can, but I'm not staff or anyone here of any authority within the community.

I'm just a regular member just like everyone else.

Geoffrey likes this.
  9. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

You're not?! :eek:

:p

Adam Howard likes this.
  10. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

so when you left xf staff? and why? (lolx)

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you bought that up Adam. :)

Honestly, I got contacted too. Apparently, the name trilogy33 got a wee bit misconstrued as "the big 3", in other words KMA.
    Odd. But in all fairness I can see why given the rather vague connection 'n all.

Ahem: "Trilogy" was a name given to a model of the Mazda MX-5 - here's a typical example info link:
    http://www.mx5-3rdgenerationlimited.com/trilogy.htm

I was/am also the same username on vB. Join Date: 2008 - so well before XF was conceived.

I made this post so that I can easily reference it back to anyone else who asks, again. :D
    That is all. :)

Adam Howard likes this.
  12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Remember that time when I decided to tell some of the troll what I really thought of them? Well ........

(joke):p