XF 1.2 Yet another Facebook Integration problem

JordanH

Error
Your server could not connect to Facebook (https://graph.facebook.com). Try again later. If the issue persists, contact your host.

That's what I get when I do the "Test Facebook Integration" in the ACP.
Users also are unable to register using the Facebook Login.

Everything is set right in the acp, the app secret, app id, etc. I even have it set as a website in the apps on facebook: DOmain is www.webgurubb.com

GCb6NZH.png

Here are the settings I have in the ACP:
r6xZB2E.png

When trying to connect an existing account this error comes up:
An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later.

Everything is correct so I am just so confused as why this is not working AT ALL.

Also, it might note that we did use to have another app with facebook login but the app got deleted so we had to make a new one.

Last edited:
In general, this is a server issue itself. We're getting no response, which indicates that the connection to FB is likely failing. This could be related to an outgoing firewall blocking the connection or the possibility that your server can't communicate over SSL (1.3 warns about this). The former needs a firewall tweak at the server level; the latter needs SSL support in PHP or cURL with SSL support enabled.

In general, this is a server issue itself. We're getting no response, which indicates that the connection to FB is likely failing. This could be related to an outgoing firewall blocking the connection or the possibility that your server can't communicate over SSL (1.3 warns about this). The former needs a firewall tweak at the server level; the latter needs SSL support in PHP or cURL with SSL support enabled.
Hi Mike. Thanks for the reply.

Would those issues also occur on the Twitter and Google integration? Because both of them seem to be working fine.

Similar issues should occur with other integrations.

If you want to submit a ticket with FTP and ACP details, I can look into it.
Hi Mike,

I have the same problem, I pass the Facebook test in the admin panel and I'm able to associate my Facebook account to my forum user but other users get this error. Any idea why?

What error? The error listed here is specifically one in the ACP. I'd probably recommend posting a new thread with details of what's happening as it's probably not the same as this thread.

Top Bottom