Yay, XF is back up again..

• Thread starter Thread starter vVv
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why had your host blocked the IP, that sounds strange. I can imagine this would happen on a shared server if you was getting hammered (bots / dos / brute / lots of users taking up resources) ... To give fair resources to others on the server, but this isn't on a shared host (I assume) ???

We received a DMCA request a couple of weeks back (it was dealt with and the offending content was removed within a few hours) however the person who put the request in didn't update the host that we had removed it. (The guy went a little crazy on his removal requests sending them out to everyone he could find).

We received a DMCA request a couple of weeks back (it was dealt with and the offending content was removed within a few hours) however the person who put the request in didn't update the host that we had removed it. (The guy went a little crazy on his removal requests sending them out to everyone he could find).
Hmm, doen't this raise the question of a resource manager hosted on another domain/server? Something like xenforo-addons.com?

Was he a coder of Codecanyon?

Let's all blame Mr.Goodie2Shoes!
:D

Bloody DMCA requests.

I like how there's sites that ****ING SELL MY ADD-ONS FOR ME yet this site gets hit with one petty request and boom the site goes down for 12 hours. Makes my blood boil. :mad:

Let's all blame Mr.Goodie2Shoes!
:D

Bloody DMCA requests.

I like how there's sites that ****ING SELL MY ADD-ONS FOR ME yet this site gets hit with one petty request and boom the site goes down for 12 hours. Makes my blood boil. :mad:

Wow, you're lucky... the people that sell my-add-ons sell them for their selves :D

Take it as a compliment, I do... There are bunches of mine all over the place (but most are old versions)

You can always attack them if you're feeling really angry and vigilante (there's lots of ways to do that, but I would avoid it... you'll only get your self in trouble... just take a breath and calm down),
Write to the host... The DMCA request has clearly worked here, but you have to pester them / file one, no ones going to do it for you ;)

How to file a DMCA request

That happens if you allow that much pages of negativism about Connect 5. :D

Ah, I see. This time it was not vB sending the DCMA. ;)

Looks like I missed all the action. Can someone quickly tell me what really happened and why's everyone excited? :coffee:

Also I see John Percival online. That name sounds familiar to me o_O

Looks like I missed all the action. Can someone quickly tell me what really happened and why's everyone excited? :coffee:

Also I see John Percival online. That name sounds familiar to me o_O
well... I had a paid add-on which was called Social Tabs, that used a premium jQuery plugin from CodeCanyon, and by mistake I bought a regular one instead of the extended license that gives me the right to use it on a project of mine... The original developer went berserk and sent DMCA notices to everyone he could find...

In order to minimize the risks, you might get rid of a "Hosting Provider" and use this ?

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...th-of-ibs-customer-service.41345/#post-446249

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom