[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider

[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider 1.1.7

No permission to download
This is a great addon that I'd be happy to pay for... I think. So far I'm stumped on getting it working. Could be my XF newbie status.

Are there any known conflicts with other addons? I can't get the slider to show up, likely because I can't figure out how to set a thread as featured. I'm using XenPorta, and I'm wondering if that may be causing a conflict. All the configuration options seem to be set correctly and I've set it to show up on my forum page.

Works great. Outstanding addon!

One question... where is the "Featured Threads Page". I have it enabled, but I don't see it on any nav menu.

Is there a bit of CSS that will hide the title? I just want the photo.

Alternatively, is there a way to keep the title from moving when the mouse hovers?

Thanks, I'm enjoying this addon and my members will too.

Is there a bit of CSS that will hide the title? I just want the photo.

Alternatively, is there a way to keep the title from moving when the mouse hovers?

Thanks, I'm enjoying this addon and my members will too.

Please be sure to check add-on options before to asking those style properties.!
This style properties has already included...

Please be sure to check add-on options before to asking those style properties.!
This style properties has already included...

I do apologize. I did look, but I missed that. I see that it is easy to hide the title.

What I didn't see was a way to stop the bar (where the title usually appears) from appearing from the bottom of the image when the mouse hovers. Perhaps that is there somewhere, I will keep looking.

My thanks for your work.

Edit: THANKS - got everything sorted out now.

Last edited:
I am really loving this thing! I've noticed one unusual behavior. When I place the slider using the location options, the images are sized as specified in the options. If I place it as a widget, the images seem to be sized at the defaults.

Groups & Permissions -> User Group Permissions -> (select a user group) -> [XTR] Featured Threads Slider
(it's probably close to the bottom of the long permissions table) Set "View Featured Threads Slider" to Yes

So I've got the Slider working nicely. Just a quick query, is it possible to feature a thread and it take a default image, rather than have to manually specify an image for each feature?

PSA: This slider has been updated to version 1.1.3 on the dev's site where you download it, no mention of the changes have been posted on this resource tho. The latest version is working very nicely.

Top Bottom