[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider

[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider 1.1.7

No permission to download
Obviously I don't focus with it because it has already have the option.:)
Maybe the text for "Default" to "Normal" in the next release? I think it's a translation thing - you are using default to mean normal, whereas default in software means the setting that is set by default.

This is not possible in a responsive structure.
Why do you want this? Let's evaluate if there will be a meaningful feature or not.
Isn't setting height of the image container to 100% still responsive (vs. 250px)? It's a regression in functionality from the previous version which showed the full image height and sometimes it cuts off the image in a bad place. That said, I'm sort of getting used to the new format.

New CSS bug:

There are two different overlays on top of the image behind the text - would be nice to have one or the other but not both:

New CSS bug:

There are two different overlays on top of the image behind the text - would be nice to have one or the other but not both:

View attachment 199041

This is not a bug!
Why don't you use style properties?
You can change background (title.png) or remove it.

Also,

1. You disabled; Thread Reply and View Count on Featured Slider
2. You disabled; Avatar on Featured Slider
3. You Hide User and Time

And the result was as follows,

Just think of: Some of these options are available when one is hidden. (And I wanted use different overlays for attention)

But you can use to;

And now, Do you see any BUG?

In general, I like criticism and feedback, but you're hanging on little things.
No more chances for a free add-on.
Thanks your feedback.

Last edited:
I always forget about style properties for some reason. Thanks! And you are correct I disabled all those things (and didn't realize you could hide all of them with one setting). I like a clean look, so this is not minor to me. Please revoke my free license ;). Most people don't give feedback about minor usability things. You are welcome.

ETA: I will say it's confusing to have an Option for "Enable Avatar on Featured Slider", a Style Property for "Hide User and Time" and another Style Property to hide both. Why not just have them both be Options (or Style Properties) and have the combination of the two dictate this "feature"?

Last edited:
Every featured thread on slider adds a query, so if i add 8 threads=8 querys added to forum home, can't use any kind of cache for performance?

An unusual error code I'm running across that's not a big deal, but it would be nice if it didn't happen.

When using emoji's / smilies in the subject line of a featured thread there are no issues with the slider rendering the icon. However, when the thread is updated / edited I'm getting an error code when the original title of the thread is edited. If I remove the icon (baseball in this example) everything works fine.

1.webp4.webp5.webp

Code:
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 326
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1457
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1184
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 187
XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 67
XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionFTSliderEdit() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

There seems to be a compatibility issue between this and Forum password by @AndyB

Seems like the easiest fix would be to exclude any password protected forums from whatever process FTSlider is trying to run?

Any pointers would be appreciated.. :)

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'thread_id' of non-object
src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Repository/FTSlider.php:21

Generated by: Unknown account
Apr 12, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Repository/FTSlider.php(21): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nerdface/...', 21, Array)
#1 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(19): XDinc\FTSlider\Repository\FTSlider->fetchFTSliderByThread(NULL)
#2 src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(26): SV\UserEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state
Rich (BB code):
array(4) {
["url"] => string(22) "/threads/[redacted].214/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I find it a bit odd that the "featured" tag appears on the first post on each page of a multi-page thread. Is this a bug? I would think it should only appear at the top of the first post in the thread. Otherwise, it feels like the post itself is being featured, which is weird when someone is just replying with "cool!" or something.
View attachment 197911
Agree with this, it would be better to see the featured tag up high on the thread view to indicate the thread is featured. Also think it would be useful to see in the forum view next to the thread title.

Top Bottom