[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider

[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider 1.1.7

No permission to download
Hello, I've installed Feature Threads 1.0.3 but I'd like to know the differences between this one and the one I've installed. At first sight, they seem the same but before switching I'd like to know where this one is better. Thanks!

Hello, I've installed Feature Threads 1.0.3 but I'd like to know the differences between this one and the one I've installed. At first sight, they seem the same but before switching I'd like to know where this one is better. Thanks!

I would recommend 1.1.3 latest version from XDinc's website: https://xentr.net/resources/xtr-ftslider-featured-thread-slider.30/
It has the richest feature set and is very customizable. The biggest difference is the # of customizable pieces of the plugin. When you first move to the new one, it will look different than your default previous install which might surprise you, but you can customize it to look similar to what you had before. Other than that, I don't know.

Per https://xentr.net/resources/xtr-ftslider-featured-thread-slider.30/updates and https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xd-ftslider-featured-thread-slider.6852/updates:

• Fixed delete button action.
  • Added style properties option.
  • Fixed all bugs.
  • JS Based improvement.
  • Added new phrases.
  • Added new options.
  1. Featured threads prefix option added.
  2. Featured Thread Indicator option added.
  3. Thread Reply and View Count option added.
  • All addon options were re-configured and checked. (XF 2.1.1+)
  • Slider fade effect direction option added.
  • The style properties were reconfigured for the add-on.
  • All detected bugs were fixed.
  • Incorrect phrases have been revised.
  • Visual improvement (design issues) applied and fixed.
  • JS-based loading improvements were made.
  • Mouse hover "halts-scroll" option added. (Slider Option)
  • Hide Info Block (Avatar, User, Time and Counts) option added (Style Property)
  • Fixed Bugs
  • Add Featured Thread List Page
  • Add User perm. to view featured thread list
  • Fixed featured thread limit count
  • Added hide thread title features on style properties option.
The latest version (1.1.3) is drastically improved over 1.0.3

I feel like an idiot - installed the add-on, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to mark a thread as 'Featured' to begin with.

Do you have the permission setup to do so? If you do there is a feature box/button right above the thread.

Didn't realize there were Permissions associated with this. As 'Administrator' I assumed mine would at least be set to Yes.

So - I set them all to Yes for Administrator, and everything except Moderate to Yes for Registered members.

Still not seeing anything to mark a thread as 'Featured'.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 30
Is there another add-on to enable marking a thread as featured? I just have the Slider add-on installed. Xenforo doesn't have a Featured Thread function built-in from what I've read. XF 2.1.4

OK - figured it out. I didn't realize the Select Nodes list was the nodes on which the Featured Thread option would be enabled. It wasn't clear what that list did.

What controls the order of the featured thread in the slider? Doesn't seem to match either the sequence of the threads being added to the Featured list, or the Thread ID's, or alphabetically sorted by thread title...

Would be awesome if you could assign a sequence to the threads. I'm using it to highlight a monthly winner of a motorcycle building contest, displaying the last 12 months worth of winners in the slider. Even though they were added in chronological sequence, they seem to be ordered almost randomly.

...and should the title for the Featured Thread slider match the menu heading? If both could be customized, it would be nice.

BTW - this add-on is worthy of at least $20 - where can I make a donation?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    138.6 KB · Views: 27
What controls the order of the featured thread in the slider? Doesn't seem to match either the sequence of the threads being added to the Featured list, or the Thread ID's, or alphabetically sorted by thread title...
Yeah, that's one problem with the addon.
The order is based on thread creation date unfortunately.

Still pretty slick add-on. When Disabling the Featured Thread Page however, it should remove the Menu item that goes to the page (which is empty if it is disabled).

Hello,

1-how is it possible to show the slider on other part of the forum like thread list, now it just shows on forum list

2-It doesn't show slides until I click on slider navigation buttons, it means its a white box, as soon as I click on navigation buttons they will appear.

Last edited:
Hello,

1-how is it possible to show the slider on other part of the forum like thread list, now it just shows on forum list

2-It doesn't show slides until I click on slider navigation buttons, it means its a white box, as soon as I click on navigation buttons they will appear.

You'll find the widget information in the XTR Slider General Options in your Admin CP. With the widget you can put it pretty much anywhere you want, if you know what you're doing. I'm not 100% sure how to put it in the thread list etc. but believe it can be done with the widget code.

In Slider Options do you have Auto Play enabled?

I'm getting this error in backend server logs.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'thread_id' of non-object src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Repository/FTSlider.php:21

Generated by: Unknown account Jan 8, 2020 at 9:38 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Repository/FTSlider.php(21): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/------/p...', 21, Array)
#1 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(19): XDinc\FTSlider\Repository\FTSlider->fetchFTSliderByThread(NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

I'm having an issue where when the slider moves, it changes the color of some text on the page. It occurs when it rotates left or right only.

I'm having an issue where when the slider moves, it changes the color of some text on the page. It occurs when it rotates left or right only.
Send me link to your forums, I'll take a look!

Edit: I check your site and it seems to work fine? What browser are you using?

Top Bottom