[XTR] Featured Threads

[XTR] Featured Threads 1.0.5

No permission to download
Hello,

How to disable completely the autoplay option ?
I disable it in options but when I mouse over a featured thread the slider begin to play... Even I disabled Navigation Button too...

Thanks !

edit: Got it ! in FTSlider_js template change true for false on line 31 ticker: false,

Last edited:
This is working well for us. One feature that would be very useful is the ability to change the feature date to order our slider differently than thread start dates.

I just can't get this to work. Wherever I try to place the widget it doesn't appear. I'm obviously missing something obvious! Any pointers? Secondly would be it possible to have to widgets, one showing content from on thread and another widget showing content from a different are of the forum?

I just can't get this to work. Wherever I try to place the widget it doesn't appear. I'm obviously missing something obvious! Any pointers? Secondly would be it possible to have to widgets, one showing content from on thread and another widget showing content from a different are of the forum?
Have you set user permissions and featured some threads?

Hi there, would it be possible to add an option to display the threads randomly instead of by thread start date?

Something like

overflow: hidden;
max-height: 100px;

could help? Better idea?

I like the idea and the add-on. Thank you.

I also would like to have just the last two/x threads (maybe with condition=new/hot/whatever) of a forum at top;
with random pics from a dir or thread-pics. :)

So you may want to double the addon and change it a little. Just as an idea.

I like the add-on more and more. Any idea how to bring:
Threads from forum 9 to the top of forum 9?

New field: node_id?
Then a query by node to fetch the ones for the forums?
And maybe a trigger for xf_forum to query only, when set?

What maybe could be added:

1. Instead of delete, just unfeature OR delete - if it is unfeatured i can just set it to feature again without uploading a new picture.

2. The feature and unfeature should be in the thread-options reachable with two clicks.

3. The button should be optional viewed. For some people "feature" is very important and they use it every five minutes. Others need it two times in a month.

4. For people who dont like the movement of these ads, it could be done with random items from a list - to show always two random ones with every refresh of pages.

We have a very image intensive site about clock and watches. Some of our newcomers find the forum structure a bit intimidating, so I am working up a portal to provide a more friendly introduction the the forums themselves with pictures and text from threads. Since I am using a portal page, I have quite a bit of room for the featured threads and would like to display a larger number at one time.

I already included the widget in another widget that is embedded in my portal page. It looks good, but it limits the displayed images to two.

For the portal page, I would really like to associate a Featured Thread instance with categories or supply and identifier when featuring a thread.

We also have a need to export the results on a daily basis as an RSS feed to a related WordPress site. If the featured threads have a common identifier, perhaps we could generate the feed from that.

I am already loving this a lot. Thanks for creating it. (y)

Top Bottom