[XTR] Featured Threads

[XTR] Featured Threads 1.0.5

No permission to download
Should I do anything in particular to get forum / download access? It's waiting for approval but unsure what I need to do to be approved... Forum name is Ladegro...
He'll probably approve it before the day is out, so you likely don't have to do anything. If you don't hear from him within 24 hours, I'd start a conversation with him, either here or there, since he hasn't been responding to thread posts here lately.

I have been trying to download the XF 2.2 update. But your Download link takes me to a forum in Turkish, and there is no actual Download option there that I can see. I signed up for the forum, I think, but there is still no way to Download.

I just want to update the version I'm running and I find this process really really annoying.

Can somehow actually help?

I have been trying to download the XF 2.2 update. But your Download link takes me to a forum in Turkish, and there is no actual Download option there that I can see. I signed up for the forum, I think, but there is still no way to Download.

I just want to update the version I'm running and I find this process really really annoying.

Can somehow actually help?
The easiest way to do it is to open it in Chrome and click the English translation option that will automatically open in the upper right - unless maybe you have an addon of some kind blocking it. Or right-click the page and click "Translate to English".

It doesn't take the login that I gave when I joined the forum, and then it switches back to the Turkish version. Can't you just post the download here so we don't have to go through this?

It doesn't take the login that I gave when I joined the forum, and then it switches back to the Turkish version. Can't you just post the download here so we don't have to go through this?
Yes, but then you can bring it back to English with two clicks. If you just joined, you have to be manually approved first. If you were already a member and are having problems, you should probably start a private conversation with him. He's usually pretty quick to respond, but there might be a delay because of different time zones.

The first time I downloaded this add-on, I had no problems at all. This time it's been just a waste of time for no reason. I'd use something else if I could find something similar or better.

The first time I downloaded this add-on, I had no problems at all. This time it's been just a waste of time for no reason. I'd use something else if I could find something similar or better.
Not sure how anyone is supposed to help you when basically all you've said is that you're having "problems." You're not using the latest version of the addon on an XF version that's lower than 2.2, are you? If you are, that's probably the origin of your problems.

EDIT: Also, the latest version requires php 7.0+ on your server, so you'd want to be sure you met that prerequisite.

No, you are not paying attention. I said above that I had problems downloading version 1.0.4 ("I have been trying to download the XF 2.2 update").

The Download link here takes you to the Turkish-language forum which, after translation, I signed up for. But there is still no visible Download (İndir) link anywhere.

I know I didn't go through this nonsense when I downloaded the previous version. The developer is asking for donations, and I'd consider one, but not when a simple act is made difficult in this fashion.

Well, you wouldn't be downloading the XF 2.2 update on his site, but if your website is already updated to XF 2.2 and you're wanting to download version 1.0.4 of the addon, then yes, that would be the correct version of the addon. I'm not sure what to tell you, I didn't have any difficulty downloading it. If you're logged in and on the addon's page, you should see a big red download button on the upper right:

download.jpg

If you're not seeing that, then there must be a problem with your account. Have you verified your XF license? If not, that could be the issue, and you would do that here:

If that's not the problem, you'll just have to wait to hear back from XDinc.

I log in and I get, translated:

You do not have permissions to perform this page or this operation.

So evidently they have to give me this level of access, but I've heard from nobody. I'd think they'd be monitoring this thread.

Strange that I had no problems whatever getting the previous version.

I log in and I get, translated:

You do not have permissions to perform this page or this operation.

So evidently they have to give me this level of access, but I've heard from nobody. I'd think they'd be monitoring this thread.

Strange that I had no problems whatever getting the previous version.
You didn't confirm whether or not you validated your XF license on the page I linked to above. If you haven't already done that at some point in the past, that's probably the problem.

I did when I signed up the other day along with the URL of the forum. I couldn't log in with the usual name I use at all, nor did it recognize my email. So it's clear that I didn't have to do this when downloading the previous version.

Having logged in now and having provided this information, I still don't have permissions to go anywhere from the page you linked.

I have downloaded dozens of add-ons since ordering up XF about 9 years ago. Some are paid, some are free, but I never confronted a situation such as this.

As of Sunday afternoon, Arizona time, I've had no response from the developer about granting me access to his/her forum so I can download the update.

Did anyone ever get admin approval? Been waiting on it for multiple days now. Licence verified, as did email.

@XDinc any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Hello @XDinc

we have been using your add-on for a long time. We also tested the "newer" version, but it doesn't work for us.

Now we are using XF 2.2.8 with PHP 8.1.2 and whenever we change ads we get the following error message related to your addon...

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null src/addons/XDinc/FThread/MacroRender.php:15

Stack-Trace

#0 src/addons/XDinc/FThread/MacroRender.php(15): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 15)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): XDinc\FThread\MacroRender::preRender(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), 'admin', 'option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2853): XF\Extension->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(761): XF\App->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#4 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array, NULL)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s0/admin/advertising_list.php(98): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('advertising_lis...', Array, true, NULL)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:advertisi...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Advertising\\...', 'admin:advertisi...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

Status der Anfrage

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(23) "/admin.php?advertising/"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://my.url/admin.php?add-ons/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["advertising/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hello @XDinc

we have been using your add-on for a long time. We also tested the "newer" version, but it doesn't work for us.

Now we are using XF 2.2.8 with PHP 8.1.2 and whenever we change ads we get the following error message related to your addon...

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "group_id" on null src/addons/XDinc/FThread/MacroRender.php:15

Stack-Trace

#0 src/addons/XDinc/FThread/MacroRender.php(15): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 15)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): XDinc\FThread\MacroRender::preRender(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), 'admin', 'option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/App.php(2853): XF\Extension->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(761): XF\App->fire('templater_macro...', Array, 'admin:option_ma...')
#4 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array, NULL)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s0/admin/advertising_list.php(98): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('advertising_lis...', Array, true, NULL)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:advertisi...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Advertising\\...', 'admin:advertisi...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

Status der Anfrage

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(23) "/admin.php?advertising/"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://my.url/admin.php?add-ons/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["advertising/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Masetrix Thank you for the report.
The new version will be ready tomorrow. (y)

Hello @XDinc

we have been using your add-on for a long time.

Fixed 🍻

Top Bottom