[XT] Membermap

[XT] Membermap 1.0.2

No permission to download
But maybe use the default XF User is active setting for this, to make the displays aligned.
Disagree. I think most/(all?) wouldn't want the Membermap to only display active users, but every user that has been active within the last 12 months (for example).

Active Users are members who are logged in the last 180 days.

That are the ones you can choose in the preview after typing an @ or which are listed in the list of todays birthdays. If there such an limit exists inside XF - and it does - it should not differ in multiple views.

We wll take your suggestion into our discussion.

Bug:
URL is /xt-membermap/ but template xt_mm_index outputs canonical as /membermap
Code:
<xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="canonical_url" arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:membermap') }}" />

Realised/fixed because I added a route filter to change /xt-membermap to /membermap
1618915577788.webp
If I understand you right, that works for me.

I think most/(all?) wouldn't want the Membermap to only display active users, but every user that has been active within the last 12 months (for example).
No, not all - I am not. ;) If, then as a optional setting.

Suggestion:
Automatically turn-off marker clustering for zoom levels 15+. When you have multiple users with identical location values (and thus identical lat/long), it doesn't matter how much you zoom into the map the users will not be displayed and you only get a cluster value with no way to access whom are the users under this cluster. For example, this is zoom level 15 ...

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 16.49.36.webp

Looks great, thanks. I'd expect the max zoom to resolve the issue and enable users to be seen when many are clustered in the exact same lat/long.
I am afraid, id the lat/long is exact the same, the pins will be stacked.
But I have an idea, that the user can move their pin to be more precise.

@CrispinP solved the problem in his map for xf 1.5 by somehow adding a little variance to the pins when they were all in the same place (here are some pins for "Berlin" without detailed addresses):

1619083316429.webp

mcatze updated [XT] Membermap with a new update entry:

Update to v1.0.1 RC3

Fixed:​

• Issue during Rebuilding MapData
  • Delete locationData and minimap if:
    • delete user
    • change user group (without perm)
    • user ban
    • user disabled
  • some code tweaks

Added:​

• User activity as option for showing on map
  • MaxZoom und minCluster for Clustering
  • switch to two different api entrys 'cause api restriction for public api key
  • acp user action for delete minimap
  • rebuild mapData for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mcatze updated [XT] Membermap with a new update entry:

• switch to two different api entrys 'cause api restriction for public api key

Read the rest of this update entry...
Not working correctly ...

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 18.17.38.png

Google Maps API Key has been set with restrictions for the 3 API's listed, and server IP addresses
Google Maps JavaScript API Key has been set with restriction for the 1 API listed, and domain referrer ( .mydomain.com/ )

With Google Maps JavaScript API Key empty, still get the error.
Google Maps API Key needs to also have Google Maps JavaScript API active, otherwise error above

Google Maps JavaScript API Key with a key value, gives error above.

Last edited:
The Google Maps API is pretty difficult. I will take a look if i found something. Please check also your restrictions again.

Top Bottom