xfUser+ [Deleted]

How do user get permissions? Will we have to use usergroup upgrades for that? Meaning making a ton of usergroups? Basically how iceShop works?

How do user get permissions? Will we have to use usergroup upgrades for that? Meaning making a ton of usergroups? Basically how iceShop works?
Yes, basically this shop allows the user to buy a subscription to an additional usergroup.
So whatever you imagination can come up with to do with that, is what the shop can do.

So additional usergroup to:-
grant access
change usergroup/username display
add donator status
that kind of thing

Is there going to be a paid version of this or can we donate? I'm really excited about this and have been wanting/needing something like this for ages.

No I am intending to base this solely on userid so that means if they purchase an upgrade it will have it in the database and a cron will run hourly to clean up those who have expired time so that way they don't keep the upgrade. I've looked into this thoroughly before deciding how to go about it.

still waiting to be able to use a different credits system, until then I cant us this
That is in this new version. I did that before the first release. So your good to go on a fresh install.

Yes, basically this shop allows the user to buy a subscription to an additional usergroup.
So whatever you imagination can come up with to do with that, is what the shop can do.

So additional usergroup to:-
grant access
change usergroup/username display
add donator status
that kind of thing
Thanks for trying but read my reply to faeronsayn above.

Is there going to be a paid version of this or can we donate? I'm really excited about this and have been wanting/needing something like this for ages.
xfUser+ will remain free, xfShop will be the paid version that allows the selling of physical goods but they both will be able to run side by side. xfShop will also have an option to charge points for physical goods so if someone accumulates say 10,000 points and you have an item that costs that much they can purchase using points instead of money. Just an option though which can be turned off if you want to charge only money.

kept getting errors when trying to unzip the file

and im getting
Please enter a valid callback method.
ll the time when trying to install

tried installing using the url with the install/ upgrade addon and it says I already have it installed but i dont, i installed xfshop ages ago but its long since been uninstalled.

Did you upload the files and remove the xshop folder from library after you uninstalled? Since you had the old version then you'll need my update tonight to remove all portions of the old one and new one to make a fresh install.

I don't have another copy installed but the add on installer is telling me that I have one installed already. Is that just an error with the add on installer?

James

I don't have another copy installed but the add on installer is telling me that I have one installed already. Is that just an error with the add on installer?

James
That is interesting, did you ever install xShop at all?

No. I checked just to make sure but I needed one to work with the point system I'm currently using so I was waiting.

James
That is definitely interesting. I'll see what is going on.

I'll go back and make sure there isn't an issue with the add-on installer because this should work perfectly with that.

Mythotical updated xfUser+ with a new update entry:

Remove Old xShop

Since most installed xfShop this will now remove all aspects. I am not leaving this intact right now as I intend to make a file that will only be needed but this is a quick fix, use at own risk. This will NOT delete any info other than xfshop data which it is possible to error out unless the only version you installed was xShop before the 'f' was added.

Read the rest of this update entry...

No I am intending to base this solely on userid so that means if they purchase an upgrade it will have it in the database and a cron will run hourly to clean up those who have expired time so that way they don't keep the upgrade. I've looked into this thoroughly before deciding how to go about it.

That is in this new version. I did that before the first release. So your good to go on a fresh install.

Thanks for trying but read my reply to faeronsayn above.

xfUser+ will remain free, xfShop will be the paid version that allows the selling of physical goods but they both will be able to run side by side. xfShop will also have an option to charge points for physical goods so if someone accumulates say 10,000 points and you have an item that costs that much they can purchase using points instead of money. Just an option though which can be turned off if you want to charge only money.

Would it be possible to actually sell permissions instead of selling usergroup upgrades? Because that usually means that we'll need to create a usergroup for each permission that we want to sell. This in turn means a lot of user groups which is just simply annoying and inefficient.

As for keeping the upgrade in the database, I think that maybe a good idea. I just want to see permissions being sold instead of usergroup upgrades.

Would it be possible to actually sell permissions instead of selling usergroup upgrades? Because that usually means that we'll need to create a usergroup for each permission that we want to sell. This in turn means a lot of user groups which is just simply annoying and inefficient.

As for keeping the upgrade in the database, I think that maybe a good idea. I just want to see permissions being sold instead of usergroup upgrades.
I think you misunderstand what I'm saying, usergroup upgrades as in cosmetics, not moving usergroups, basically it is permissions but without the hassle of setting permissions in usergroups or having a ton of usergroups.

its still exactly the same for me, how do i install this, saying

Please enter a valid callback method.

I have uploaded files and tried installing via xml file,

via addon installer gives me
The specified add-on is already installed. Please use the upgrade page if you would like to upgrade it - either via url or zip file

help :D

No change. When I go to install it (using add-on installer) it still says it is already installed. I have downloaded the latest version.

I'm still having the same problem.

The specified add-on is already installed. Please use the upgrade page if you would like to upgrade it.

That is using the zip file option with the add on installer. I can try it manually if you want or I can wait to try any other changes you make to see if they work.

James

Top Bottom