• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile Style

For me it's better to forget the mobile style her.:mad:
It is not serious ... for me
Just because something isn't done within the timeline you expect doesn't mean the developer isn't serious (At least if that was if you were implying).

For me it's better to forget the mobile style her.:mad:
It is not serious ... for me
Serious = $$$, if you want a mobile theme then pay to get it coded. Otherwise its a bit of a waiting game. Can be a bit frustrating but at the end of the day Russ is doing this out of good will, so its not fair to say things like that.

Serious = $$$, if you want a mobile theme then pay to get it coded. Otherwise its a bit of a waiting game. Can be a bit frustrating but at the end of the day Russ is doing this out of good will, so its not fair to say things like that.
Any idea of the best way to approach this? I would quite like a very simple style making that emulates the colour scheme/look of my very "Web 1.0" existing PunBB forum, as a kind of joke 'retro' style for those users who have been around for many years and don't like change. I would be willing to pay, assuming it was reasonable.

Of greater priority would be the Holy Grail 'Mobile Style', but given how much work that would inevitably be, I doubt I could afford to pay for that so I'll just have to play the waiting game with the rest of y'all. ;)

Any idea of the best way to approach this? I would quite like a very simple style making that emulates the colour scheme/look of my very "Web 1.0" existing PunBB forum, as a kind of joke 'retro' style for those users who have been around for many years and don't like change. I would be willing to pay, assuming it was reasonable.

Of greater priority would be the Holy Grail 'Mobile Style', but given how much work that would inevitably be, I doubt I could afford to pay for that so I'll just have to play the waiting game with the rest of y'all. ;)
This theme works quite good as it is. Maybe you can customise the colours yourself to how you like it? If you want to test it out just use your cell/mobile and browse to mmazone.com.au im running XF1.1

If not just go into the style sections and send a message to some of the more 'popular' theme creators and im sure one of them can help you with a quote

This theme works quite good as it is. Maybe you can customise the colours yourself to how you like it? If you want to test it out just use your cell/mobile and browse to mmazone.com.au im running XF1.1
Hmm, your site does indeed look pretty darn good with this current implementation! I'll give it a whirl, thanks.

How did you get it so that it auto-detects a mobile device and so invokes the mobile style? I have registered a .mobi domain for my forum; I would love it if www.mydomain.com shows my normal forum, whereas mydomain.mobi shows the forum with this mobile style!

Thanks for all your suggestions, by the way; I realise you are not the creator of this style so all your help is purely out of the goodness of your heart (y)

This is confirmed working on 1.1?
It seems...

If not just go into the style sections and send a message to some of the more 'popular' theme creators and im sure one of them can help you with a quote

It looks like it hasn't been updated, though:Mobile Browser Style Switch

ddmmh seems to have implemented this mobile style very well, so I was just asking in the hope that he had a better way of doing it.
This is confirmed working on 1.1?

Yep I am running 1.1 with this theme and the mobile style switcher - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mobile-browser-style-switch.19060/

This style still needs a little work for mods like 8wayruns portal etc. But for standard forum it works pretty good.

Just install this style and use the mobile style switcher add-on. One thing I did myself was edit the .htaccess file to re-direct all mobile devices to my 'featured news' forum as the portal doesnt look good at all in this style for obvious reasons. If Russ comes back to this style at some time hopefully he can sort it out. But for basic use its perfect.

PM me if you need any help

Yep I am running 1.1 with this theme and the mobile style switcher - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mobile-browser-style-switch.19060/

This style still needs a little work for mods like 8wayruns portal etc. But for standard forum it works pretty good.

Just install this style and use the mobile style switcher add-on. One thing I did myself was edit the .htaccess file to re-direct all mobile devices to my 'featured news' forum as the portal doesnt look good at all in this style for obvious reasons. If Russ comes back to this style at some time hopefully he can sort it out. But for basic use its perfect.

PM me if you need any help

Can you post the .htaccess code that you used? I am using the portal as well but never have been good at htaccess stuff. Thanks

Can you post the .htaccess code that you used? I am using the portal as well but never have been good at htaccess stuff. Thanks
Try this. Make sure you edit the link and put in what forum or any URL you want mobile users re-directed too.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} android|avantgo|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge\ |maemo|midp|mmp|opera\ m(ob|in)i|palm(\ os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows\ (ce|phone)|xda|xiino [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^(1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a\ wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r\ |s\ )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1\ u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp(\ i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-|\ |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac(\ |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt(\ |\/)|klon|kpt\ |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg(\ g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|e\-|e\/|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(di|rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-|\ |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v\ )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v\ )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-|\ )|webc|whit|wi(g\ |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|xda(\-|2|g)|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-) [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ http://mmazone.com.au/community/forums/featured-news.3/ [R,L]

Top Bottom