• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile Style

Having an issue whereby it some forum categories do not show thread previews (render correctly) and some are showing recent thread previews causing overlap. Not sure why it shows on some and not on others. Used Safari for the screenshot, but that's what I'm seeing on Windows Phone 7.

Screen shot 2010-12-10 at 10.28.07 AM.webp

Having an issue whereby it some forum categories do not show thread previews (render correctly) and some are showing recent thread previews causing overlap. Not sure why it shows on some and not on others. Used Safari for the screenshot, but that's what I'm seeing on Windows Phone 7.

View attachment 7406

Do you mind sending me a link to your site using a private conversation so I can take a look?

Scratch that, fixed for next version

I'm re-working the thread listings, not happy with the look of it, also the other bugs mentioned have been ironed out a new package should be out tomorrow morning :)

Do you mind sending me a link to your site using a private conversation so I can take a look?

Scratch that, fixed for next version

I'm re-working the thread listings, not happy with the look of it, also the other bugs mentioned have been ironed out a new package should be out tomorrow morning :)

Thanks.

This occurred where there were forums under two categories. So in the sample above > Windows Phone (category) > Samsung (category) > Various Models (allow posting).

Thanks.

This occurred where there were forums under two categories. So in the sample above > Windows Phone (category) > Samsung (category) > Various Models (allow posting).

Ya I figured, it was for level 2 node, on my test forum I'm not using that :), if you find any other fixes for the windows 7 phone, that's great. If we can nail majority of the bugs out on iPhone 3/4, Android phones and Windows, I'd be stoked.

how about a who's online link on the main page up top?

also when the membercard pops up, the avatar is bigger than the card, doesnt stay in its space.

On the alert page can we just show alerts? and not all the other information?

also, how do i get rid of the style change notification? id prefer if you go to m.mysite.com it fowards you to mysite.com with a mobile style, but if you go to mysite.com it changes you back to a normal style.

On the alert page can we just show alerts? and not all the other information?

also, how do i get rid of the style change notification? id prefer if you go to m.mysite.com it fowards you to mysite.com with a mobile style, but if you go to mysite.com it changes you back to a normal style.

Style change notification is something built as-is into XenForo. Because it's a user preference change it requires permission, if you're logged out it works perfect.

With that said Mike recently notated he made a slight change to how this will work so I'm hoping we can find a better solution with the next release.

As for the Alerts, it's using a wrapper with the all the links on it, but I try to figure something out tomorrow to keep the wrapper on the accounts but alerts separate. It's date night so I'm off! I work tomorrow until 4 then I'll find an update.

Style change notification is something built as-is into XenForo. Because it's a user preference change it requires permission, if you're logged out it works perfect.

With that said Mike recently notated he made a slight change to how this will work so I'm hoping we can find a better solution with the next release.

As for the Alerts, it's using a wrapper with the all the links on it, but I try to figure something out tomorrow to keep the wrapper on the accounts but alerts separate. It's date night so I'm off! I work tomorrow until 4 then I'll find an update.

Can I make a suggestion for user navigation?

I think the entire 'cell' that contains the thread information or the forum information should be clickable and go to one link instead of having just the words be clickable. This would make it easier to select on cell phones. For administrative options (if they exist) or editting options have a gmail style slider button on the right hand side that opens up edit, ban, yadda yadda yadda. The key is making it so you dont have to be exact when selecting something, just click the whole thing.

Also, on the alerts page can you JUST show alerts? Not the profile information?

I like the entire row being the link, I'll put that on the next version and see how it goes. Also as for the alerts I'm working on those :)

much better ways of doing things (such as http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ which is free to use for not for profit sites)....
I tried inserting this code into both the index.php and using the template method in the page_container, both failed. Putting it in the index.php gets a redirect loop occurring on the mobile, but not the browser.

This template is a good start, but extremely painful to use when the style is literally being assigned to the user instead of the computer being used. I don't want to have my users having to click on the style link and change their style when coming from mobile back onto their computer. This isn't about this style or designer, but maybe something that the designer needs to take up with Kier and Mike on how to rectify, so users aren't put through such issues when shifting from mobile skins to desktop skins.

I tried inserting this code into both the index.php and using the template method in the page_container, both failed. Putting it in the index.php gets a redirect loop occurring on the mobile, but not the browser.

This template is a good start, but extremely painful to use when the style is literally being assigned to the user instead of the computer being used. I don't want to have my users having to click on the style link and change their style when coming from mobile back onto their computer. This isn't about this style or designer, but maybe something that the designer needs to take up with Kier and Mike on how to rectify, so users aren't put through such issues when shifting from mobile skins to desktop skins.

Mike made a statement here that he made an adjustment that might be completely beneficial to how this style is worked. Next beta will have his fix so hopefully this will rectify actually having my Mobile Style installed.

On a side note I've made some adjustments to the style, made some upgrades and should have a new version out tomorrow.

I got the loop refresh with my iphone script I posted earlier. hopefully with Beta 6 this will stop on its own with my iphone detection script.

Mike made a statement here that he made an adjustment that might be completely beneficial to how this style is worked. Next beta will have his fix so hopefully this will rectify actually having my Mobile Style installed.

On a side note I've made some adjustments to the style, made some upgrades and should have a new version out tomorrow.

I am pretty pumped a new version is coming out today.

I would like to see some sort of major improvement to the way mobile browsing is implemented into this software, considering mobile is effectively a huge part of the market these days.

Has anyone tested this on a BlackBerry? Any comparisons from a usability standpoint compared to Dartho's mobile template for vBulletin?

Has anyone tested this on a BlackBerry? Any comparisons from a usability standpoint compared to Dartho's mobile template for vBulletin?

IDK about Dartho's but all my users have liked the Blackberry version OVER TapATalk so far. That is a fairly big compliment I think. I know Russ is coming out with an updated version, so excited for that as well.

I'm still waiting for the autodetect to work before I install it, but it seems really nice.

Top Bottom