XFS Mobile [Deleted]

Hey Russ,

Not sure if this has been reported yet but my board is setup on /community but clicking the home link when the XenPorta support enabled takes me to mydomain/portal instead of mydomain/community/portal

Not a big deal, just thought you may like to know.

Ive been using this theme for ages. Loving the new XenPorta support. This style keeps getting better and better. Well done Russ

Hey Russ,

Not sure if this has been reported yet but my board is setup on /community but clicking the home link when the XenPorta support enabled takes me to mydomain/portal instead of mydomain/community/portal

Not a big deal, just thought you may like to know.

Ive been using this theme for ages. Loving the new XenPorta support. This style keeps getting better and better. Well done Russ

Thanks for the heads up, with the next release the navigation should be fixed up visually and usability wise. Any other suggestions you guys might have I would love to hear, so far going into 1.0.4:
  • Navigation/Header revamp
  • More toggles to speed up style if desired
  • Misc UI changes
I know I'm releasing updates more than normal and I apologies for the inconvenience of having to keep updating, so for any customizations try to stick to extra.css as much as possible as usual. I feel like im updating worse than vbulletin.

Hey Russ
In 1.0.3 we miss the Mini-Avatars.
You have remove this?

Not removed :), set as a toggle-able option:

Go to:
options2.webp

options1.webp

It'll be the "Show avatars in post view"

Great mobile style, how do I change the colour scheme from blue to red?

As for the color scheme I left most of the styling properties in tact however, for the header background color: browse to the same Mobile Options as shown above, but in there hit "Mobile Header" you can change the background to red if you'd like. For the blue header bars throughout the template, it's controlled by "secondaryLighter" in the color palette.

The flip side you as noted in the release details, for $25 I can customize the style for your website.

Reactions: DSF
A 'small' problem I'm noticing. On only a few of the main forum topics, when I click on them it shows the original forum-view. But only on a few of them. Others still keep the mobile-view. How can I make it so that they ALL stay at mobile-view? BTW: I never want anyone to see the forum in original view. For 'that' they can just go to their computers! ~ lol

A 'small' problem I'm noticing. On only a few of the main forum topics, when I click on them it shows the original forum-view. But only on a few of them. Others still keep the mobile-view. How can I make it so that they ALL stay at mobile-view? BTW: I never want anyone to see the forum in original view. For 'that' they can just go to their computers! ~ lol

Which particular threads are you having trouble with?

Unless you have a node set to a certain default style, or xenporta with the articles setup, or some other add-on wouldn't see why it would be doing this.

Ahah! That's exactly what I did! lol I'll remove those immediately. I didn't know the significance of doing that so I just did it. That's brilliant that you caught it, it must have happened to you before ;-)

Not removed :), set as a toggle-able option:

Go to:
View attachment 26927

View attachment 26926

It'll be the "Show avatars in post view"

As for the color scheme I left most of the styling properties in tact however, for the header background color: browse to the same Mobile Options as shown above, but in there hit "Mobile Header" you can change the background to red if you'd like. For the blue header bars throughout the template, it's controlled by "secondaryLighter" in the color palette.

The flip side you as noted in the release details, for $25 I can customize the style for your website.

I might take you up on that $25.

Is there a way for this to be more friendly with XenPortal; there's not forum tab on my mobile devices, just the home (which is the portal!) Thanks;

@Russ

Is there a way for this to be more friendly with XenPortal; there's not forum tab on my mobile devices, just the home (which is the portal!) Thanks;

@Russ

I sort of goofed up the navigation with 1.0.3, if you wanted to you can replace mobile_navigation with this:

Code:
<div class="mnav2">
<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}">{$tabs.forums.title}</a> |

<a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a> |
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"> | 
        <a href="{xen:link account/alerts}" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget">{xen:phrase alerts}                                   
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.alerts_unread}">
                <strong class="mitemCount" id="AlertsMenu_Counter">{xen:number $visitor.alerts_unread}
                </strong>
            </xen:if>
        </a> | 
        <a href="{xen:link conversations}" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget">{xen:phrase inbox}
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.conversations_unread}">
                <strong class="mitemCount" id="ConversationsMenu_Counter">{xen:number $visitor.conversations_unread}
                </strong>
        </a> &nbsp;
<xen:else />
| <a href="{xen:link 'register'}">Register</a>
 | <a href="{xen:link 'login'}">Login</a>
</div>

It'll remove members, replacing it with What's New and throw Forums back on there.

Next open page_container:

Find and edit this area

Code:
<xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
<a href="{$homeLink}">{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</a>
            <xen:else />
{$xenOptions.boardTitle}

1.0.4 already has a little improved header, and debugged the links to work with the portal much better.

Ok for the Status Online it uses template hooks which I left intact for this reason :).

You have 2 options off the top of my head which you can add in extra.css:

Show it, float it to the right:

Code:
.userUserOffline {
float: right;
padding-top: 7px;
}
.userUserOnline {
}

Or simply hide it:

Code:
.userUserOffline {
display: none !important
}
.userUserOnline {
display: none !important
}

Floating it looks as such:

View attachment 26900

I hope I shouldn't have to show an example for the hide method ;p.
Ok, I just put in the code to 'show online' status, and it isn't showing ?

file_noonlinestatus.png

Ok, I just put in the code to 'show online' status, and it isn't showing ?

Are you using the first portion of that css? The second set is to hide it.

Use this in extra.css:

Code:
.userUserOffline {
}
.userUserOnline {
}

Yep. I only used the '1st portion'...

At work so hard for me to debug, for kicks use this:

Code:
.userUserOffline {
float: right !important;
padding-top: 7px !important;
}
.userUserOnline {
}

Nope. Just to make sure I'm doing this correctly:

In the 'XFS Mobile Style', find the 'EXTRA.css' (which is Empty with nothing in it!), then add the code, right?

Nope. Just to make sure I'm doing this correctly:

In the 'XFS Mobile Style', find the 'EXTRA.css' (which is Empty with nothing in it!), then add the code, right?

Looks like you're using a different version than the one referenced above, try:

Code:
.UserOffline {
}
.UserOnline {
}

But else wise you're doing it correctly :)

I'm using the latest version (1.0.3):

file_mobilestyleversion103.jpg

I'm referring to a different Online Status, the class in your page it's calling on is UserOnline/UserOffline, where the one everyone else is using calls on is userUserOnline/userUserOffline. Not sure if it's in a different location which is causing that, but try that code I last posted, should work.

1.0.4 should be out this weekend, all of the "bugs" mentioned above have been addressed. On top of that the header looks a bit nicer now and lastly quite a few more custom style properties were added.

Top Bottom