• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
To carry the Facebook "analogies" to Xenforo ... I'd call the location where people upload the images a "Wall".

Pssssst, check out the new picture on my wall !

There would be a link to a person's Wall from their member card.
People could also watch each other's walls.
As well there would be a "Super Wall" which is essentially a Top Level Tab in the Nav Bar that is a What's New of the entire forum's wall images.
I suppose what I am suggesting is a different product ... but I really don't think Users want albums, IMO.

Btw, I think I have a small problem with beta 2. I set the maximum number of images per album to 0, which should be unlimited but when I tried to upload a single image it told me I reached the limited. When I increased that number to a positive one, I was allowed to upload. I have the impression that 0 in this case is taken literally by the system to mean no images are allowed.

Leave spanish translation beta 2.

Installed.
1.webp
3.webp
2.webp

Salud2

Attachments

I found error when I translated "width and height" (addon options) and / or leave blank.

5.webp

This means that the code is hardcoded. Can phrasing in the next version? I changed the install XML file.

Salud2

This really seems to be a great add-on, and would fill my biggest gap, an image software organizer.

I too realize it is called "Album" but I cannot use it unless it has the ability to handle images on an individual basis as well. What I would hope for is:

- the ability to upload individual images, similar to how XenMedio uploads individual movies
- the ability to tag individual images, similar to how XenMedio tags individual movies
- the ability to use bb code or otherwise link images in threads such as [xfr]100[/xfr] would display image id #100

There are other smaller things, but the above is the key items. Do you foresee possibly heading in that direction with XFR? Or will the focus always be purely on albums?

Do you foresee possibly heading in that direction with XFR?

Individual images – maybe, but i think that this feature will not be presented in v1.0.0.
Tags – yes, I'll add this in the next beta.
BB codes – possibly yes. But need to test that.

Can you offer any updates on the progress of this mod? I am hoping to get an idea when 1.0 would be released :)

I had to slow my work on this add-on in past 3 weeks because of my work - 6 new projects starting on the same day is a quite headache :).

I think, that on the next week I'll release beta 3 with some features and if there will no be errors there will be stable release.

Has anyone created a XenPorta mod for this add-on?

The mod is still in beta, and no one has mentioned anything in this thread nor in the XenPorta Modules thread.

What would you want the module to look like? Same as the media one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom