MG 2.0 Need help migrating user albums

Elizabeth

Back when I first started my XF forum, it was in New Years Eve, 2013. One of the things my members wanted but wasn't available AT THE TIME as an official add on with XF were photo albums. So I opted to use xfr's User A;bums, which has worked well.

But with the announcement that 1.5x was EOL, I am going in and trying to figure a way to handle migration to XMG. I suspect I need one of the earlier versions of XMG before upgrading the whole site, which is in the works on a test site before going live on my regular forum.

My current version of XF is 1.5.16. Can someone link me to the steps to handle the migration?

Okay, built in importer? Clue as to where to look?
For 1.5.x, head into your ACP then under the "Tools" tab select the "Import External Data" option. From the drop-down if you scroll down you should then see a bunch of options prefixed with "XFMG" to import from (assuming you have XFMG installed).

Another question? Once the XFMG is installed and the XFR User Albums are inported and everything is rebuilt...is it safe to then uninstall XFR User Album addon?

Top Bottom