XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

1. IMO I think it would be best to have a separate phrase other than the same one used when hovered over the trophy icon which says "Votes", it works great there, but over the heart icon I think a different phrase saying "Vote For This Media" would make more sense. Also after you click on the heart icon to vote, it shows the number of votes it has.. how about switching it between the two font-awesome heart icons heart and heart-o to indicate you have already voted for that particular media?

Noted.

The hearth is replaced by the current number of votes, it's induced by the fact that it uses the same js code than the trophy icon.
But I would rather remove the hearth (which is what happens if you refresh the page) instead.

2. Under the new option that allow you to set the day of the month for a contest to start, it says:

"Input the day of the month on which the contests shall start (1,2,...).
You must ensure that the start day plus the number of days to submit and vote leads to an end date still in the same month."

Is it possible to make this more flexible? The reason I say this is that not every month have the same exact amount of days. For example; February has only 28, so if I have it set to start on the 1st and set 15 days for submission and 15 days for votes the contest winner will not be announced, etc.. making us have to change the option almost every month.

I know, the issue is that it has a big impact on the cron code as it searches for the MOTM of this month to end it.
I will see what I can do in the next release.

3. I like that you guys implemented an new contest announcement thread and the winner thread which was there initially. How about a voting phase announcement? Letting members know that they are now able to vote. I think a lot of people forget when voting phase starts, so there are few votes throughout the contest. I been doing this manually for now.

Indeed, good idea. I might as well look into notices in the next release.

Another bug, I created a trophy for collector of the month for anyone who has won it at least once. Everyone was awarded the trophy after the cron was ran. Also, since last nights update, my users have been awarded trophies that they did not earn last night and then again today.

That does seem odd, can you be more specific on how you set it up ?

@Allan this is how we manually do are Car OTM or Member OTM http://stangfix.com/threads/vote-for-the-january-car-of-the-month.22494/ can your add on help with this?

I don't have access to your forum here at work, can you post a screenshot ?

When I try to uninstall this I get a 500 Server Error Timeout. The add-on then appears to be removed but the cron entries remain. The add-on will not completely uninstall.

Did you get any server error for that in the log ?

And then, since it WON'T uninstall, I get this error when I try to access my forum............

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'tc_motm_winner' in 'order clause' in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenGallery/Model/Media.php at line 102
  6. XenGallery_Model_Media->getMedia() in XenGallery/Callback.php at line 67
  7. XenGallery_Callback::getMediaForBlock()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 330
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateCallback() in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,forum_list.php at line 156
  10. include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
  11. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  12. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  13. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
  14. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
  15. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

It means the addon has performed at least the SQL table uninstall but is still installed, therefore calling the code event listeners.
To access your forum again, disable all addons (https://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/) and then remove the product.

If it's not present I'd recommend you reinstall a database backup (which I hope you did before installing ?) or remove the code event listeners.
Something must have gone wrong on server side while uninstalling.

Btw, for effective support please use our support ticket system at ThemesCorp.com.

That does seem odd, can you be more specific on how you set it up ?

I setup a trophy with the criteria that anyone who has won Media of the Month (1) time would earn the trophy. Everyone on the board ended up earning the trophy. I know how to set up trophies, I have a slew of them here that work fine. http://diecastcrazy.com/community/help/trophies

Did you get any server error for that in the log ?

Nope. Just a 500 Server Error Timeout. Did it again this morning. The add-on cannot be uninstalled at all and then remnants are left in the database rendering the site unusable.

It means the addon has performed at least the SQL table uninstall but is still installed, therefore calling the code event listeners.
To access your forum again, disable all addons (https://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/) and then remove the product.

If it's not present I'd recommend you reinstall a database backup (which I hope you did before installing ?) or remove the code event listeners.
Something must have gone wrong on server side while uninstalling.

The code event listeners are not present in the Developmental AdminCP once the addon appears to be uninstalled, but the remains are left in the database.

Btw, for effective support please use our support ticket system at ThemesCorp.com.

Brilliant! We did this manually before!

This is EXACTLY how we did it. And it's all automated now!

I've set this all up. Will it just start to kick in on July 1st now?

I have a question.

I think (I'm yet to get mine running I've set the date for tomorrow to test) that this will only allow one image per entry, am I correct? But a member can enter a number of times (I've set this to 20). What I actually hope this setting does, is allow 1 member to add 20 images to 1 entry.
Am I correct with my first assumption or will the way I want it to work actually work?

I have a question.

I think (I'm yet to get mine running I've set the date for tomorrow to test) that this will only allow one image per entry, am I correct? But a member can enter a number of times (I've set this to 20). What I actually hope this setting does, is allow 1 member to add 20 images to 1 entry.
Am I correct with my first assumption or will the way I want it to work actually work?
you can run the cron and test it before it goes live...

Brilliant! We did this manually before!

This is EXACTLY how we did it. And it's all automated now!

I've set this all up. Will it just start to kick in on July 1st now?

Yep !

I have a question.

Hum, what you say is incorrect if you set to 1, user will only be able to upload one image.

What you have to keep in mind is that adding images to an album is not what you call an entry.
An entry is an image.

Clément

Am I doing something wrong here?
So the album got created in June, but no winner was selected and no new thread was created with the winner announcement. Or is that the bug above?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 5.03.01 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 5.03.01 PM.webp
    61 KB · Views: 7
Seems you are not using the new version ?

When was the contest created ?

Clément

Seems you are not using the new version ?

When was the contest created ?

Clément
Cheers Clément!
Contest was made at the beginning of June. Just had a look and the version was 1.0.4. So while I was on holidays you guys bug squashed quite a bit ;).

If I update and run the handle winner selection cron, will that look over the one that just got missed?

Cheers!
Chris

Getting an error each time a new registration is attempted.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'tc_motm_award' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago

Top Bottom