XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

@Allan great addon

Is it possible to limit the number of items a member can upload to each album?
I would also like an option to start a thread as soon as the competition is created, with a custom text and link to the album.

Would be amazing one integration with sonbb Gallery addon as well. But i think its code may be just too different?
I don't use the default Gallery because it's a bit "plain", not quite making use of more advanced scripts like overlays, ajax, etc... more useful to more casual (not professional) websites.

I'm trying to add a notice to the "Media of the month" gallery album but I don't manage to.
Does anyone knows how to do this, or maybe you @Allan or @MtoR can add an option to do this in the addon.

Another suggestion: Add a menu link to the main "MOTM" gallery
Im doing it right now with another addon, but could remove it in you add the option in this addon :D

If you add a menu maybe it will be possible to use the standard XF notice option

upload_2015-5-15_11-17-20.webp

Last edited:
Good idea,
Maybe a option the set monthly a new subject like
This month you can upload Summer pictures etc.....

If this is what you told me per mail then yes I could.

Yes or write some general info and rules.

Please be more specific I don't get the intended feature.

Another suggestion: Add a menu link to the main "MOTM" gallery
Im doing it right now with another addon, but could remove it in you add the option in this addon :D

If you add a menu maybe it will be possible to use the standard XF notice option

View attachment 106129

You want an additional menu near Media in the navbar ? With notifications when new image is uploaded in MOTM album ?

Please be more specific I don't get the intended feature.
I just want to add some text like the ordinary notice box does on other pages.
Code:
Welcome to MOTM
The competition work like this:
Start of Month - A new album is added in which you can upload images. You have 7 days to do this.
After these 7 days other member have up to 7 days to vote for the best image.

Please check here to see new competitions and also see who wins : link_to_motm_forum

You want an additional menu near Media in the navbar ? With notifications when new image is uploaded in MOTM album ?
Just a plain menu item to the albums. The notifications is not needed, only a link (with custom name)
upload_2015-5-15_14-31-50.webp

So that notice would be displayed in MOTM page or on home page ?
Yes that would have been nice.
Or if there is anyway you could add any of these page criteria's to the MOTM page. Then I could use the standard notice function for those messages.

upload_2015-5-15_16-3-48.webp

Shouldn't the voting only start after submission phase has ended? Or am I missing something, because seems like people are able to vote before the submission phase.

Users can submit their media (image/video) to the contest and when the submission phase end, starts voting for their preferred media.

Thanks!

Shouldn't the voting only start after submission phase has ended? Or am I missing something, because seems like people are able to vote before the submission phase.

Thanks!

Great point. There should be a submission phase and then a voting phase and then a deciding phase. After the decision phase, a winner is chosen and displayed/announced.

I'm still waiting for some of the suggestions to be implemented before I get this addon, but it looks like it has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Top Bottom