XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

If you have notices, what is the point of this feature ?
Yeah you're right...
Along with the number of days to participate and number of days to vote ?
Well, I suppose that could get confusing for some people - I was just thinking of flexibility when starting the comp because I also have "Competitions" by Chris D and I could then use them alternatively but it's not a biggy.

I'll be purchasing the next release no worries about that! :)

Allan updated XFMG Media Of The Month Competition - ThemesCorp.com with a new update entry:

New features - 1.1.0

Modifications:
- Vote button code moved to template to allow button color customization (tc_mgmotm_media_view_sidebar template)

New features:
- Deactivable advertising thread creation upon MOTM contest start
- Optional direct link to MTOM albums in navbar
- Option to award user upgrade to the MOTM winner
- Trophy criteria added: number of MOTM awards
- Possibility to configure notices to be displayed in MOTM albums (limitation to specific month as option)
- Heart icon added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great update @Allan
On thing I noticed is that the new menu item for MOTM does not get selected when pressed, its still gets overridden by the media navigation item.
upload_2015-6-21_12-55-53.webp

In the next release, I will look what is feasible.

Upgraded to the latest version. The Add Media button is gone for all user albums (not just media of the month album) and no one can upload images to any old albums that were created prior to the update. I'm disabling for now.

Last edited:
Upgraded to the latest version. The Add Media button is gone for all user albums (not just media of the month album) and no one can upload images to any old albums that were created prior to the update. I'm disabling for now.

Good catch.. same is happening here!

Loving this add-on and it got even better with the latest release. I do have a few suggestions though..

1. IMO I think it would be best to have a separate phrase other than the same one used when hovered over the trophy icon which says "Votes", it works great there, but over the heart icon I think a different phrase saying "Vote For This Media" would make more sense. Also after you click on the heart icon to vote, it shows the number of votes it has.. how about switching it between the two font-awesome heart icons heart and heart-o to indicate you have already voted for that particular media?

2. Under the new option that allow you to set the day of the month for a contest to start, it says:

"Input the day of the month on which the contests shall start (1,2,...).
You must ensure that the start day plus the number of days to submit and vote leads to an end date still in the same month."

Is it possible to make this more flexible? The reason I say this is that not every month have the same exact amount of days. For example; February has only 28, so if I have it set to start on the 1st and set 15 days for submission and 15 days for votes the contest winner will not be announced, etc.. making us have to change the option almost every month.

3. I like that you guys implemented an new contest announcement thread and the winner thread which was there initially. How about a voting phase announcement? Letting members know that they are now able to vote. I think a lot of people forget when voting phase starts, so there are few votes throughout the contest. I been doing this manually for now.

Thanks for creating this add-on!

Another bug, I created a trophy for collector of the month for anyone who has won it at least once. Everyone was awarded the trophy after the cron was ran. Also, since last nights update, my users have been awarded trophies that they did not earn last night and then again today.

When I try to uninstall this I get a 500 Server Error Timeout. The add-on then appears to be removed but the cron entries remain. The add-on will not completely uninstall.

And then, since it WON'T uninstall, I get this error when I try to access my forum............

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'tc_motm_winner' in 'order clause' in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenGallery/Model/Media.php at line 102
  6. XenGallery_Model_Media->getMedia() in XenGallery/Callback.php at line 67
  7. XenGallery_Callback::getMediaForBlock()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 330
  9. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateCallback() in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,forum_list.php at line 156
  10. include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
  11. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  12. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  13. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
  14. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
  15. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nascartr/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom