[XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, leadeboard, announcement,...) - XF2

[XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, leadeboard, announcement,...) - XF2 [Paid] 2.3.0

No permission to buy (€15.00)
Have you ever considered altering the way trophies are awarded so that they can be given for every thread/post/first reply/positive reaction received etc?
E.g. have .01 trophy point added for every post = 1 trophy point for every 100 posts?
Have .02 trophy points added for every positive reaction. 1 trophy point for every 50 reactions.
Have .02 trophy points added for every first reply to a thread.
Have .05 trophy points for every new thread.

That way, we get members motivated to continue contributing even though they have blown past the top milestones that exist in the current trophy system.
Current trophies are milestones. I suggest having cumulative trophy points awarded for the every day actions.
What do you think?
I've actually written a basic spec for this, but don't have the resources to develop it right now.

Have you ever considered altering the way trophies are awarded so that they can be given for every thread/post/first reply/positive reaction received etc?
E.g. have .01 trophy point added for every post = 1 trophy point for every 100 posts?
Have .02 trophy points added for every positive reaction. 1 trophy point for every 50 reactions.
Have .02 trophy points added for every first reply to a thread.
Have .05 trophy points for every new thread.

That way, we get members motivated to continue contributing even though they have blown past the top milestones that exist in the current trophy system.
Current trophies are milestones. I suggest having cumulative trophy points awarded for the every day actions.
What do you think?
I've actually written a basic spec for this, but don't have the resources to develop it right now.

No I haven't considered that.

So basically it would just be trophy points, not real trophies right ? (i mean no icon etc...).

As points are integers, it would be better to set it like 1 point every 100 posts. No ?
Or make bigger points for bigger actions and 1 point every post, 2 points every reaction etc...

No I haven't considered that.

So basically it would just be trophy points, not real trophies right ? (i mean no icon etc...).

As points are integers, it would be better to set it like 1 point every 100 posts. No ?
Or make bigger points for bigger actions and 1 point every post, 2 points every reaction etc...
Just points. Awards of trophies not affected by this idea.
I suppose you could do it the other way round and award
1 trophy point for every n (e.g. 100) posts.
1 trophy point for every n (e.g. 50) threads
1 trophy point for every n (e.g. 50) first replies
1 trophy point for every n (e.g. 50) positive reactions
with admin setting the number of each action needed to award the point.

It depends on which way round is easiest for the admin to understand and which is fastest for php to calculate, I guess.
FLOOR(visible posts * n) where n is the decimal fraction multiplier of trophy points to award per post
vs
FLOOR(visible posts / n) where n is the number of posts required to earn each point.

I suppose awarding 1 point for a specified number of actions is probably easier to understand.
It is closer to the existing milestones system except the points are awarded on an ongoing basis.

Users will be able to earn more and more trophy points if they continue to contribute to the forum.

Last edited:
I've been aware of this add-on for a bit, but it looks like I may have to jump into it from TH User Improvements.
I wonder about a couple of the features in the TH add-on (which they no longer plan to update) that could make it here. Specifically, hidden trophies and trophy chaining.
Any possibility for those features to be added?

Is this 2.2 compatible?
Yes should be.
I've been aware of this add-on for a bit, but it looks like I may have to jump into it from TH User Improvements.
I wonder about a couple of the features in the TH add-on (which they no longer plan to update) that could make it here. Specifically, hidden trophies and trophy chaining.
Any possibility for those features to be added?
Can you please elaborate ?

Yes should be.

Can you please elaborate ?
Hidden trophies do not display on the trophy help page.
Trophy chaining shows trophies as subordinate to other trophies (suggesting you must achieve one before you can achieve the next). You can see this in action (and some pieces of how we've been using TH's add-on) on my board's trophy help page.
A better way to think of Hidden trophies are as "Secret" trophies, where they're awarded as normal but the name, image, and description are all obfuscated to users who haven't earned it.

I agree, both additions would be well received into this add-on. Particularly as support for the alternative has been discontinued.

XFA updated [XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, more to come...) - XF2 with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and new features

This version is only compatible with XenForo 2.2

Corrected bugs:
  • Provided compatibility with xF2.2
  • Trophies without icons are present in the profile widget
  • Icons not displaying in postbit bottom userinfo with UI.X style
  • Missing fields removal on uninstall from xf_trophy table

New features:
  • Categorized trophies list display with icons on members trophies pages
  • Option to display member trophies in a dedicated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@XFA Show trophy icons in posts no more working with this update. Also Icons not displaying in postbit bottom userinfo with UI.X style still not fixed.

ScreenShot00135.webp

Also Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to SV\UserEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Account::preferencesSaveProcess() must be public (as in class XFA\TrophiesEnhancement\XF\Pub\Controller\Account) src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php:101

Generated by: Nirjonmela Jan 10, 2021 at 10:26 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(153) "/account/visitor-menu?_xfRequestUri=%2Fmembers%2Fyuvrajj.409%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1610295818%2C81990f8d53e332c6e3cb20e00b59f2ee&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(43) "/members/yuvrajj.409/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(21) "/members/yuvrajj.409/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1610295818,81990f8d53e332c6e3cb20e00b59f2ee"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Ok I'll release a fix version for the error my bad.
I have modified the regular expression it should work as well for the UI.X problem.

Top Bottom