[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak - XF2

[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak - XF2 [Paid] 3.0.12

No permission to buy (€10.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

Nodes Icon Tweak - Easily change your nodes icons using FA, image or sprite icons.

Description
Nodes Icon Tweak allows you to easily change the default icons of your nodes (Read, unread, pages and links).

Four types of replacement icons are available:
  • Font Awesome
  • Icons loaded from your server
  • Sprite image URL
  • Latest poster avatar
Icons are supported on first level categories on forum index as well as level n categories when the Style property "Show sub-forums popup" is disabled.

Read more about this resource...

Hiya,

1. How's this do when viewed on a mobile device?

2. I don't have any of your add-on, so whats this "install our core" 1st, what is that for?

Thanks!!!

1. How's this do when viewed on a mobile device?

I admit I haven't tested, will try this weekend and see if I can post a screenshot :)

2. I don't have any of your add-on, so whats this "install our core" 1st, what is that for?

That's new anyways, we introduced that in our xF2 add-ons.
The goal is for us to gather generic code or template macros we use or will use in our add-ons.

It's an additional add-on in fact so it's installed like any other xF2 add-on.

It's currently provided along with the add-on (2 add-ons zip in the downloadable archive) but at some point it will be released separately.

Clément

No no you have to install both the core and nodes icon tweak.

That's unfortunate. I'd rather not have any random picking around for code going on. (I don't know what it is, how it works, what it collects, who it sends it too, etc.) I mean if its harmless and unobtrusive why even include it?

Good luck to you.

It collects nothing and sends nothing to no-one, that wouldn't be something acceptable anyways.

It's just some factored code from our add-ons that is useful and it thus avoids duplication of similar code.
Basically it currently contains font-awesome icon picker row macro, color picker macro with callback and code to ensure all LastPoster is available in the last post info. These elements are necessary for both Nodes Icon Tweak and Custom Username Icons.

I don't see the problem with that, it's not random code at all. It's done to enhance performance by avoiding redundancy of code.

You upload them not through the admincp but in a dedicated directory on your server yes.

Then you can use those images, it's the server images feature part.

Top Bottom