[XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, leadeboard, announcement,...) - XF2

[XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, leadeboard, announcement,...) - XF2 [Paid] 2.3.0

No permission to buy (€15.00)
XFA updated [XFA] Trophies Enhancement (categories, icons, more to come...) - XF2 with a new update entry:

Maintenance release

Corrected bugs:
  • Less_Exception_Chunk: ParseError: missing opening { in anonymous-file-0.less on line 2794, column 1 2792| -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; 2793| -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; 2794| } 2795| 2796| .m-faContent(@content, @Width: false, @direction: false) 2797| { less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php:677

Read the rest of this update entry...

So, here is a list of features i would like to see. I really would extend this into a badge / level system that extends the existing trophy system.

Badge
A badge is an icon that represents one or multiple (a group of) achievements a user has earned. When creating a badge, there should be a couple of options.
  • Badge-Type
    • Open: The user can see the badge and the achievement that is attached to it.
    • Surprise: The user can see the badge but not the attached achievements.
    • Secret: The badge only appears if the user has earned it.
    • Exclusive: The badge can't be earned. Only admins can award it to a user
  • Icon
  • Category
  • Achievement
    • Points: User will earn the badge once he reaches the amount of points
    • Trophy: The badge will be earned together with an achievement
    • Level: Once he reaches a selected level, the badge will be earned
  • Usergroup
    • Once a user has earned the badge, there is also the option he will become member of another usergroup (good for rewards)
  • Dependency
    • A checkbox list of all the other badged. If a badge is selected, the new badge can only be earned if the user has already earned the selected badge.
Level
A level is also "just" gamification stuff. You can set up points per level and once a user reaches the points he moves to the next level. A progress bar is shown so he knows about his points, his level and how many points he needs to reach the next level.

User / Display option
  • There should be options to display the badges and the level in different locations (new profile tab, conversation, post, membercard,...)
  • If a user has a lot of badges, he can pick which one will be shown besides his messages
    • An option would be, to show more badges once he reaches a higher level
  • Of course there should be a leaderboard (levels) and an overview which user earned a badge

I know it's a lot of stuff but i love the gamification stuff and XF lacks a lot in this area. As said before, of course i would pay for the development. Maybe @Alfa1 can extend this list since he's also very creative about the gamification / user engagement stuff. :)

It's indeed a lot of stuff, please post it on our forum.
We only do support here and leave the feature request on ours.

You tried to post exactly what you posted here ?
Coz I don't see any of the words in our spam keywords.

Yes, right. With 1 addional sentence for explaining.

I posted it for you:

You can explain further in the thread if needed.

Maybe @Alfa1 can extend this list since he's also very creative about the gamification / user engagement stuff. :)
Here you go:

In regards to replacing Master Badge and having used vbExperience on vbulletin for a decade. I would like to see some of the following features:
  • Award Levels.
  • Visual Progress Indicator. 33% reached towards your next level up.197062
  • Trophy ladder per category
  • Display 'next-up' trophies/awards to gather and what actions the user needs to take to gather the award. In some ways this function is even more important than displaying collected awards, because this is what will motivate members to pursue further awards.
    Example: X more posts needed to collect the 'Post Hunter' award
  • Optionally set multiple trophies to be required for one award. And display the progress: 'member1 has unlocked 1 out of 4 trophies needed to reach the Award Social Connect'
  • Negative Awards: set members back at warnings, negative ratings.
  • Usergroup promotions based on awards. i.e. promote member if awards X,Y,Z are gathered and A,B,C are not gathered.
  • Usergroup demotion based on awards: i.e. demote member if awards X,Y,Z are gathered and A,B,C are not gathered.
  • Temporary usergroup promotions based on awards. For example: grant 2 weeks access to feature X, after award Y is gathered. This way an award gets real reward.
  • Notable Members leaderboard listing.
  • Monthly awards: member of the month ranking
  • Widget to display top X members per subforum.
In my experience its important to:
  1. Reward members with temporary functionality and promotions
  2. Show them what trophy is next and how far off it is.
  3. Show them what they need to do.
  4. Display Leaderboards to show top members and also where along the leaderboard the member is.
  5. Display per subforum leaderboards for those subforums that attract a subset of members.

Here you go:

In regards to replacing Master Badge and having used vbExperience on vbulletin for a decade. I would like to see some of the following features:
  • Award Levels.
  • Visual Progress Indicator. 33% reached towards your next level up.View attachment 197062
  • Trophy ladder per category
  • Display 'next-up' trophies/awards to gather and what actions the user needs to take to gather the award. In some ways this function is even more important than displaying collected awards, because this is what will motivate members to pursue further awards.
    Example: X more posts needed to collect the 'Post Hunter' award
  • Optionally set multiple trophies to be required for one award. And display the progress: 'member1 has unlocked 1 out of 4 trophies needed to reach the Award Social Connect'
  • Negative Awards: set members back at warnings, negative ratings.
  • Usergroup promotions based on awards. i.e. promote member if awards X,Y,Z are gathered and A,B,C are not gathered.
  • Usergroup demotion based on awards: i.e. demote member if awards X,Y,Z are gathered and A,B,C are not gathered.
  • Temporary usergroup promotions based on awards. For example: grant 2 weeks access to feature X, after award Y is gathered. This way an award gets real reward.
  • Notable Members leaderboard listing.
  • Monthly awards: member of the month ranking
  • Widget to display top X members per subforum.
In my experience its important to:
  1. Reward members with temporary functionality and promotions
  2. Show them what trophy is next and how far off it is.
  3. Show them what they need to do.
  4. Display Leaderboards to show top members and also where along the leaderboard the member is.
  5. Display per subforum leaderboards for those subforums that attract a subset of members.

Lots of this looks like more than just trophies stuff and is quite complex for a product at that price level.
Not sure I would implement all of that.

Hello,
I think you forgot to add content to the else-condition where the icons are shown in the "Help" page (line 17 in the picture):
Y3a16.png

Because of that, if I use custom images which are on my server, the icons are not showing in the Help page:
L8w27.png

I could fix it myself, but maybe you can consider to fix this in your next release. (y)

Top Bottom