[XFA] Thread Tabs - XF2

[XFA] Thread Tabs - XF2 [Paid] 2.4.1

No permission to buy (€10.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Thread Tabs - XF2 - Easily allow the creation of multiple tabs within threads !

Description
Have you ever wished to provide your users with the capability to add additional content to their threads ?
Yes ?! Then Thread Tabs is the answer.

Very simple to use, it lets your user create as much tabs as they want through a few clicks within the thread. Tabs can either be pure text content input by the user or links.

Thread tabs is permission based and can be finely enabled in each forum.

Features
  • Unlimited number of tabs
  • Easily create...

Read more about this resource...

@XFA
How do you delete/rename link tabs? I see only an option to reorder them. TIA

EDIT: Also, I found that the addon was enabled on all threads and in all nodes, once I had enabled the necessary group permissions. I did not enable it on any individual nodes. I was actually grateful for that, because I kind of dreaded having to enable it on each and every node (I have a lot of them), but I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way...?

Last edited:
@XFA
How do you delete/rename link tabs? I see only an option to reorder them. TIA

You edit them or manage the order if I am not mistaking.

EDIT: Also, I found that the addon was enabled on all threads and in all nodes, once I had enabled the necessary group permissions. I did not enable it on any individual nodes. I was actually grateful for that, because I kind of dreaded having to enable it on each and every node (I have a lot of them), but I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way...?

Hum no that should not behave like that.

You edit them or manage the order if I am not mistaking.
I couldn't find any edit option for them, besides being able to reorder them. You can edit and delete the text based tabs, but not link tabs - not that I could find.

Hum no that should not behave like that.
That was my experience. I uninstalled & reinstalled a few times, tested on my admin account and also a regular Registered member account, just to be sure it wasn't somehow giving me sitewide admin permissions by default, and found the tabs option on all threads for both accounts, without touching the nodes. (But as I alluded to above, it would be nice to be able to intentionally enable it on multiple/all nodes at once.)

I couldn't find any edit option for them, besides being able to reorder them. You can edit and delete the text based tabs, but not link tabs - not that I could find.

Indeed, I forgot to get that back when porting the add-on from xF1.
I have prepared a new version with that included in the sort page.

That was my experience. I uninstalled & reinstalled a few times, tested on my admin account and also a regular Registered member account, just to be sure it wasn't somehow giving me sitewide admin permissions by default, and found the tabs option on all threads for both accounts, without touching the nodes.

Indeed, got that fixed in upcoming version.

(But as I alluded to above, it would be nice to be able to intentionally enable it on multiple/all nodes at once.)

Will add an option to activate on all pages.

@XFA
Thank you for the quick update, and for adding all-nodes option. It would still be great to have an option to rename Link tabs, if possible, since it would obviously be quicker than deleting if all you wanted to do was rename a tab, but this will work for now. Also, it would be cool if there was a permission for admin's to add tabs to all threads. Thanks again!

Reactions: XFA
@XFA
Thank you for the quick update, and for adding all-nodes option. It would still be great to have an option to rename Link tabs, if possible, since it would obviously be quicker than deleting if all you wanted to do was rename a tab, but this will work for now. Also, it would be cool if there was a permission for admin's to add tabs to all threads. Thanks again!

Please open separate feature requests for that on our forum.
Thanks.

Please open separate feature requests for that on our forum.
Thanks.
Well, I'm pretty sure I saw at least one person already request the second part of that, the admin privileges, but I'll get around to it. Thanks

Reactions: XFA
@XFA do the tabs from XF1 carry over to XF2 version seamlessly?

So I will leave XF1 add-on installed, upgrade to XF2, then install this XF2 version and the content is carried over? Or how?

does this work on xen2.1? we purchased a lic right before the release....curious to test it out
wanted this feature for a long time, was very happy to see this..

does this work on xen2.1? we purchased a lic right before the release....curious to test it out
wanted this feature for a long time, was very happy to see this..

We haven't tested yet but there is no reason for it not to be.

hello,
can you tell me please....how to move the div so it is connected to the first post, rather than being placed up above it? it is almost hard to notice, needs to be moved but im getting tangled up finding the fix..

thank you

Hello,

I am not sure to understand, could you please clarify perhaps with a sketched screenshot ?

Clément

sure no problem...i am still trying to hack my way thru, but would sure prefer a more proper solution....so far i have been able to implement the tabs on top of the post, then again, inside the actual tabs.....but i still failed remove the upper row....

you can see what i mean tho? in this image, the top row of tabs is default your addon....the bottom row, i hacked in, its touching the first post the way we wish it to be...

sure no problem...i am still trying to hack my way thru, but would sure prefer a more proper solution....so far i have been able to implement the tabs on top of the post, then again, inside the actual tabs.....but i still failed remove the upper row....

you can see what i mean tho? in this image, the top row of tabs is default your addon....the bottom row, i hacked in, its touching the first post the way we wish it to be...

View attachment 196126

You would need to edit the template modification and find the most accurate location but that wouldn't work upon add-on upgrades so I would not recommend doing so.

would you consider to add a placement option? if not....we dont really have a choice...the tabs are too far away......i am also looking into cleaner css based solutions but its tricky to get all instances just right..

Top Bottom