[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Hi it's possible yes but it's required custom development so if you need you can create thread on our forum to get a quote

Hello,

I'm considering buying this addon.

I have replace this feature by geoip on save profile and on login
Does that mean that logging in takes more time than usual? Does it geolocate all users that have their location filled when this add-on is installed? Does it locate "bogus" answers like "Near Hamburg"?

What are the regions / subregions used for when it uses the Google Maps API?

• Does that mean that logging in takes more time than usual?
    • A little yes because it's call API to get informations
  • Does it geolocate all users that have their location filled when this add-on is installed?
    • Only if user has not location in member map table for location
  • Does it locate "bogus" answers like "Near Hamburg"?
    • Location with geoip is not accurate yes
  • What are the regions / subregions used for when it uses the Google Maps API?
    • Nothing, it's just for statistics ;)

I'd very much prefer a cron job for this. I've now seen that there is an option to enable on login, user profile save and via cron. Marvelous!

I'd rather have the map update via cron than interrupt my users logging in. That this option is still present is pleasantly surprising :)

Have just bought it.

Just installed it and have a few questions:

• Is there a way that this addon does not change the user input at all? I don't want an addon to change the data a user has entered. Currently it's setting "Germany" as a location for many of my users, however they do not have entered anything into their "Location" textbox.
  • I'd also like to disable the "Location already changed today" spam in my user change log.
  • Futhermore no markers are displayed at all and there is an "empty" city. please see the attached screenshot. Weirdly the "Show my location on map" setting was set to "OFF" for all users, despite the fact that in options I set it to be "ON" by default
  • I've also found a bug: When a user views the map page, XenForo displays "Viewing unknown page" in their profile for their current activity.
  • Can I use phrases to translate countries, regions and subregions? Similar to smiley categories, I guess.
  • The "xfa_map_allow_position_map" phrase is missing

It also doesn't display the location in the user card and in their profile
upload_2017-4-18_10-53-23.webp

And last but not least, what are these options used for? is GeoIP the same as geolocating the users from their "location" information of their profile?
upload_2017-4-18_11-10-11.webp

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-18_10-18-47.webp
    upload_2017-4-18_10-18-47.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi, after install I keep getting the errors in the log below. One is fatal and the other is a notice.

Can you please correct them and then provide an update?

Thanks...

XenForo Version: 1.5.13
PHP Version: 7.1.3
MySQL Version: 5.6.33

Code:
Error Info

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:36

Stack Trace

#0 /home/me/public_html/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/me/p...', 36, Array)

#1 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_MembersMap_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()

#2 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))

#3 /home/me/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()

#4 {main}

Request State

Array

(

[url] => http://mydomain.com/threads/phase-rotating-asymmetry-eliminator.3642/

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

)

Code:
Error Info

Undefined index: posts - library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:36

Stack Trace

#0 /home/me/public_html/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/me/p...', 36, Array)

#1 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_MembersMap_Extends_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()

#2 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))

#4 {main}

Request State

Array

(

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

)

Last edited:
Just installed it and have a few questions:

• Is there a way that this addon does not change the user input at all? I don't want an addon to change the data a user has entered. Currently it's setting "Germany" as a location for many of my users, however they do not have entered anything into their "Location" textbox.
  • I'd also like to disable the "Location already changed today" spam in my user change log.
  • Futhermore no markers are displayed at all and there is an "empty" city. please see the attached screenshot. Weirdly the "Show my location on map" setting was set to "OFF" for all users, despite the fact that in options I set it to be "ON" by default
  • I've also found a bug: When a user views the map page, XenForo displays "Viewing unknown page" in their profile for their current activity.
  • Can I use phrases to translate countries, regions and subregions? Similar to smiley categories, I guess.
  • The "xfa_map_allow_position_map" phrase is missing

It also doesn't display the location in the user card and in their profile
View attachment 151374

And last but not least, what are these options used for? is GeoIP the same as geolocating the users from their "location" information of their profile?
View attachment 151375

Responded in our forum ;)

Hi, after install I keep getting the errors in the log below. One is fatal and the other is a notice.

Can you please correct them and then provide an update?

Thanks...

XenForo Version: 1.5.13
PHP Version: 7.1.3
MySQL Version: 5.6.33

Code:
Error Info

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:36

Stack Trace

#0 /home/me/public_html/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/me/p...', 36, Array)

#4 {main}

Request State

Array

(

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

)

Code:
Error Info

Undefined index: posts - library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:36

Stack Trace

#0 /home/me/public_html/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/me/p...', 36, Array)

#4 {main}

Request State

Array

(

[_GET] => Array

(

)

[_POST] => Array

(

)

)

As i said you in our forum support, it's come from another addon in conflict !

Please issue me a refund...

As i also said in our forum, i refund only when the addon doesn't work and if i can't found solution. In your case you don't want my support so, i can't do nothing

XFA updated [XFA] Members Map with a new update entry:

Maintenance Release

Bug fixed:

• Map in member profile is only being shown by himself
  • Breadcrumb missing for home page
  • Decimal separator not shown in country list
New features :

• Add member list (for each city in country page)
  • Most popular state in main member map sidebar
  • Form to change location in main member map sidebar
  • Add option to put member map link in forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, thanks for the update.

I just have a problem with the Distance between members, I'm from Luxembourg and any members in Luxembourg are shown 8km from me, all members from Belgium 203km and all members from France 540km.

Hi, thanks for the update.

I just have a problem with the Distance between members, I'm from Luxembourg and any members in Luxembourg are shown 8km from me, all members from Belgium 203km and all members from France 540km.

Hi please create new thread in our forum support ;)

Maintenance Release

Bugs fixed:
  • Member list for each city: Missing header
  • Asset missing
  • Use usergroup title in filters
  • Bug with distance
  • Change location change other fields
New features:
  • Option to enable/disable Member list in each city
  • Option to limit users displayed in list for each city
  • Update location toggle in sidebar
  • Disable usergroup in map in user group edit

Maintenance Release

Bugs fixed:
  • Usergroup exclude are always in stats and country page
  • Usergroup filters only filter on primary group
  • Show only map in profil if user has entered his location
  • Last members registered are not sorted
  • Usergroup filter show name of usergroup instead of "User banner text"
  • Last members registered show full informations

New features:
  • Disable in filters option for each user group

@XFA i can't log into the xfa website to download the latest vesion; i keep getting an error that says 'this website requires cookies to be enabled'. i definitely have cookies enabled.

Top Bottom