[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Ahh, it seems that all my new members that have registered since installing the add on are being added to it automatically, so that's good.

Is there a query I can run to add all the other users?

It's kind of confusing to know how many are actually on the map. According to the stats, I think it's counting every user that has a completed location field, is that right?

As my Numbers of registered members stat is a small percentage lower than my actual number of registered users.

On the map itself I only have a small number of pins, according to the clusters when I zoom out it's just the few people that have registered recently.

If these are different it would be good to have a 'Members on the map' statistic, so you can see how many are actually on in relation the number of registered users.

upload_2016-10-11_19-52-24.webp

This most popular box is cool, but it seems like there's loads of wasted potential here. Why only show the single most popular city and country?

upload_2016-10-11_19-50-15.webp

Could you please update it so it shows the top 10 countries, the top 10 cities, and also show the number of users in brackets in each next to each entry?

Eg.

Australia (1000 members)
USA (900 members)
UK (500 members)

It would be nice to utilise all that free space on the right side of the map.

----

BUG: If I don't have Enable navbar menu checked in the options, then when on the map it doesn't display the Regions, Subregions, Countries links.

upload_2016-10-11_20-10-13.webp

Hi
Can you please create 1 thread per bug or suggestion or support in our forum please
Is better to have a good answer to yours questions

I can just tell you quickly that cron task update 100 users per hour with geoip data (its a limitation of APIs)

But for others questions it's preferable to create thread on xen-factory

Done :) Created a few threads over there.

The GeoIP setting doesn't overide any user submitted location data does it?

I have auto complete location set up for new user registration and it also auto suggests location when manually editing the location. This add on doesn't change that value ever does it?

Nop geoip set only location if user doenst set up his location
For your questions i look this tomorrow when i come back from work ;)

Hi guys,

I have [XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.1.2 and Auto Complete Location 4.0 installed

I think there's some kind of conflict or one of them has an bug that is breaking the 'Required' functionality of the 'Location' field at registration.

When disabling them I'm left with an completely unwanted lat and long fields on the user registration form too.

upload_2016-10-12_17-51-16.webp

This is quite frustrating as I can't disable them both, and if I leave them enabled I'm getting users registering without completing the location field as required.

Can you please advice if there's any bugs/conflicts and advise how to fix?

Thanks

I know that, but I already had that functionality installed from the other add on listed.

Now both are installed I've noticed the 'Required' functionality is not working (It may not have been working before installing both, I'm not sure as I didn't check, I just assumed it was)

I've tried disabling both add ons, but doing so still leaves lat and long fields on the user registration form, which shouldn't be there.

I don't know if that's from your add on, or the other one, and which one is breaking the required functionality.

I think your add on is breaking the 'required' functionality, as when I disable the other add on, I can register without a blank location.

But when I disable the other add on I'm left with these blank lat and long fields which shouldn't be in that registration form, so I'm guess that's a bug in that add on too?

For require field, create a new thread on xen-factory i will give you a little fix ;)

For both field (lat and lng) it's in Autocomplete addon not mine so try to uninstall it

I think theres something really wrong as I've just had two more users register with no Location, even though it autofills by IP.

I just tested on mobile and I'm getting errors. A location autofills and I select it, but then It says it can't find location data.

I imagine this is forcing them to clear the value!

Will check properly when back on desktop

Attachments

• IMG_6038.webp
    IMG_6038.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
Impossible to retrieve locality data. Please contact administrator => User need select locality (so minimum city)

I want them to be able to select whatever they like from the autofill whether it's street, city or country, as fine tuned or broad as they like. No chance of errors

Of course there is interest.

This is for a global community, some people for privacy reasons will want to say they're only from a certain country.

Others will want to say which county.

Others will want to say which city.

Others may want to say which part of a city.

Or if that's really a requirement of this add on, then the error message needs to be clear and tell the user why their value isn't accepted, not tell them to talk to an admin, forcing them to leave it blank if they want to register.

I've gone and disable this for now, really annoyed as I've lost the location data for 28 newly registered users since installing due to this bug.

For requirement of location field, i tell you to create thread on our forum, i will give you a fix ;)

Edit: Fix here

City is a requirement of this addon, i need this to catch coordinate for show pin on map.
I can catch coordinate also for country, but if you have 50 users in same country, you will have 50 users with same coordinates ...no sense
You can edit phrase xfa_map_impossible_to_retrieve_locality_data to be more clear if you want ;)

For requirement of location field, i tell you to create thread on our forum, i will give you a fix

Okay

City is a requirement of this addon, i need this to catch coordinate for show pin on map.
I can catch coordinate also for country, but if you have 50 users in same country, you will have 50 users with same coordinates ...no sense

It makes no sense to allow 50 people to be in the same city at city level, yet not allow 50 people to be in the country at country level.

There will likely be users of the same co-ordinates no matter what level you set as a requirement, unless you get them to use exact GPS co-ordinates.

There's nothing wrong with that! There will always be a high density of users in major cities around the world who want to define their location by their major city name.

I'm slightly confused though (and pleased), because for all these 28 users that were forced to leave their location blank, you have managed to pin them to the map, so I'm guessing you grabbed their location from their IP address to city level?

Hopefully we can convert that location to a text entry in their proper Location field to fix this?

Okay

It makes no sense to allow 50 people to be in the same city at city level, yet not allow 50 people to be in the country at country level.

There will likely be users of the same co-ordinates no matter what level you set as a requirement, unless you get them to use exact GPS co-ordinates.

There's nothing wrong with that! There will always be a high density of users in major cities around the world who want to define their location by their major city name.

I agreed this but let's be honest there is less risk that there have users in the same city that in the same country

I'm slightly confused though (and pleased), because for all these 28 users that were forced to leave their location blank, you have managed to pin them to the map, so I'm guessing you grabbed their location from their IP address to city level?

Hopefully we can convert that location to a text entry in their proper Location field to fix this?

When task cron get coordinate based on geoip, script get also address from this coordinate, so location field is filled with this address ;)

For requirement of location field, i have published a fix here => http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/location-field-required-doesnt-work.1198/

That's quite nice. What are you using for http://www.mymilitia.com/pages/map/ ?

oh the militia finder map ... that is a script i bought for like $25, and spent a week trial and error in the coding to get it like i wanted it, i hope it dont break or ill have to learn how to edit the "primitive" coding, again :) as you can tell i linked the states to forums on my site, wish you could right click and copy url but you cant do that :( i run militia wanted facebook groups in all 50 states with over 10,000 members and as new members join i post a link to the corresponding state on facebook seems to help increase my membership numbers

Top Bottom