[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
I'll pay double if you can add my earlier suggestions are options i.e. automatic geoIP location, username on pins, option to enable GPS/GeoIP on post (locate by last post location). This will make it a more useful app though the true usefulness may come from integration with other services i.e. waze/glyph etc for organizing meetings, doing drives in groups etc.

All my forums run with a mandatory location fields and about 80%+ are garbage (google will never locate them) so it's really useless to me at least to pull locations out of user defined fields.

This is one of the most exciting XF addons in quite some time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Any chance you'd bump the price up a bit and focus on adding features sooner rather than later? I'd gladly pay double (around $25), but it's so feature-limited right now that it's not very useful to us.

We don't need the international functionality, but I'd at least like to see the information entered via this addon replace the default location info in the XF core. Also, doesn't look like members can remove their stored location? It says city field required.

I plan to do an update but I do not know when. I have a lot of work on other addons so as I have some time I will lean on this one ;)

I plan to do an update but I do not know when. I have a lot of work on other addons so as I have some time I will lean on this one ;)

Though I can't really use it right now I went ahead and made the purchase to support you. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later :D

XFA does great support of all of their add-ons. I appreciate that bug fixes and help has priority over new features. This add-on is basic but works stable. Looking forward to see new features when available.

Unfortunately, I'm going to interpret this as essentially never :(
Hopefully a full featured members map will come along soon.

XFA does great support of all of their add-ons. I appreciate that bug fixes and help has priority over new features. This add-on is basic but works stable. Looking forward to see new features when available.

That's right,
Since we have a lot of work between new addons and custom requests, we focus primarily on bugs to provide quality support and functional addons.
When I finish my current addons, I will focus on an overhaul of members map ;)
This is also why we do not provide ETA, so as not to announce things that we could not hold :)

Does this require Mod_GeoIP? The reason I ask is because some mods for PHP 7 are undergoing rewrite.

Hi not actually ;)

By cons I do not see the interest to rewrite the addons for php7.
Some customers still turn with lower version php5.6.
So they may make incompatible their addons for a majority of customers
I therefore expect to see the specifications of xf2.0 to upgrade my addons in this direction ;)

Hi not actually ;)

By cons I do not see the interest to rewrite the addons for php7.
Some customers still turn with lower version php5.6.
So they may make incompatible their addons for a majority of customers
I therefore expect to see the specifications of xf2.0 to upgrade my addons in this direction ;)
Ahh. I meant like mod_geoip is undergoing rewrite not actual addons. Good ones still work in PHP 5.6 and 7. In fact most of them work in 7 people just don't realize it yet I guess.

I just purchased this add-on, but am running into some errors after installation. When accessing a page that is suppose to show the map, I get the following popup:

upload_2016-2-8_16-4-20.webp

If I might make some suggestions.....

On the "members map" settings page, include the two check boxes that are in the Preferences page. A user isn't going to know that they need to enable those for their pin to show up. Also, should those preference options both be ON my default?

On the full member map, have a link to "Not on the map? Add yourself!"

Otherwise... very nice add-on so far :-)

I also ran into an issue where my users do not want to enter a street address, which is understandable for privacy reasons. But if another member has the same zipcode, both of their location pins are overlapped, making one of them effectively invisible. Perhaps requiring at least a street name would solve this problem?

Last edited:
I also ran into an issue where my users do not want to enter a street address, which is understandable for privacy reasons. But if another member has the same zipcode, both of their location pins are overlapped, making one of them effectively "disappear". Perhaps requiring at least a street name would sold this problem?

Hi
They can enter a street near theirs.
At this level it is the Google map API that handles it so we can't do anything

Getting a Server Error from one user:

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x84' for column 'city' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: XXXXXX XXXXXXX, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xfa_mmap', Array)
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/ControllerPublic/Account.php(172): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_MembersMap_Extends_ControllerPublic_Account->actionMembersMapChoose()
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(129) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/account/members-map/choose?place_id=ChIJs0QTPD5DBEcR072hlXZZCUI&searchCountry=Poland+%28Polska%29"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["place_id"] => string(27) "ChIJs0QTPD5DBEcR072hlXZZCUI"
    ["searchCountry"] => string(15) "Poland (Polska)"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Getting a Server Error from one user:

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC5\x84' for column 'city' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: XXXXXX XXXXXXX, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xfa_mmap', Array)
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XFA/MembersMap/Extends/ControllerPublic/Account.php(172): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_MembersMap_Extends_ControllerPublic_Account->actionMembersMapChoose()
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(129) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/account/members-map/choose?place_id=ChIJs0QTPD5DBEcR072hlXZZCUI&searchCountry=Poland+%28Polska%29"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["place_id"] => string(27) "ChIJs0QTPD5DBEcR072hlXZZCUI"
    ["searchCountry"] => string(15) "Poland (Polska)"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi
I know this bug but it's no critical
I will fix it in future release ;)

Top Bottom