[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
hello!!

My suggestion is gone from before so i am going to write it again, i don't know if i miss anything

i have some suggestions for member map add-on. It's a really good add-on but it needs more features!! I hope this can become a big big add-on!

#1 Make it an option for registration, This way everyone must have a country flag
In my photo you can see i only made the country flag "Required"

1.webp

#2 Make the address & flag be inside of the information tab,

2.webp

#3 Put the flag in the contact card, it is quick and easy to see what country member is from

3.webp

#4 Put address and flag in the post bit!! Most members want to show which country they are from, and they is a great area to put it, because everyone can see it

4.webp

#5 Put address & flag in the notable members,

5.webp

#6 Give up option to put the member tab, in the sub-menu of the Members tab, i think this is a good spot because it's about members,

6.webp

#7 Add more information to the Members Map , sidebar? Top Countries, Top Cities? Add flags? # of members? It needs more fun! and more information!
7.webp

i can think of many more ideas! but this is just the start

--

Future, Future, Future Suggestions!

Give us option to have second Member Map flag/address -- Flags by Ip!

Same options as my other suggestions, but this time with ip!

Why? because some members travel! and we want to see where they are,

1. ippp.webp

2. IP2.webp

3. IP3.webp

4. 4 ip.webp

5. memberMap02.webp

----

good luck

Just purchased. Nice.

Did I miss it or do the fields appear during registration? If they don't they definitely should. Would be easier than telling everyone to go hunting.

Just purchased. Nice.

Did I miss it or do the fields appear during registration? If they don't they definitely should. Would be easier than telling everyone to go hunting.

For the moment they do not appear on the registration.
I'll see to add it in a future update ;)

Sorry, one more thought. If we had the fields in the users' section on the admin side, we'd be able to help members enter their location when they forget or are unable?

Agree with having the member map under the members tab. No need to have an extra menu item.

How about custom icons for the "pins" on the map or having the avatar instead of the pins?

Would be cool to see:

1. A proper browser location map using on mobile and desktop
2. Privacy settings to disable

Members map can be switched to show registration location and real time location for online users (or at least IP lookup on last recorded IP).

@MtoR : I know you are non-native speakers at XFA, so this is not a complaint but only a constructive hint: The common use is "Member Map" not "Members Map" nor "Members Maps". "Member" and "Map" in that context has no plural.

And by the way: great add-on, let it evolute please.

Member map was developped and is maintained by @Fredxd (and he is bad at english :P and he knows it !!!) so he should be the one answering to your question/comments.

I'll let him know and answer to your questions.

@MtoR : I know you are non-native speakers at XFA, so this is not a complaint but only a constructive hint: The common use is "Member Map" not "Members Map" nor "Members Maps". "Member" and "Map" in that context has no plural.

And by the way: great add-on, let it evolute please.

I will correct it in a future release ;)
Thanks

Would be great to be able to edit locations in the admin cp. I am just thinking of the problem of nonsense locations made by joker kind of members to exploit the feature. Just to give admins more control.

Found it helpful to add the following responsive view modifications to the respective CSS files (Map Index and Map Profile View) to restrict the height of the map. When you are on a mobile screen and the Google Map extends to its edges, you will have a hard time to scroll with clumsy fingers... When only the map is shown across the whole phone screen you are lost in "pinch zoom"... ;)

Code:
@media screen and (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 550px;
        }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 380px) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 450px;
        }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 320px) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 400px;
        }
    }

and...

Code:
@media screen and (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 450px;
        }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 380px) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 400px;
        }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 320px) {
        #xfa_mmap_map
        {
            height: 350px;
        }
    }

This is one of the most exciting XF addons in quite some time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Any chance you'd bump the price up a bit and focus on adding features sooner rather than later? I'd gladly pay double (around $25), but it's so feature-limited right now that it's not very useful to us.

We don't need the international functionality, but I'd at least like to see the information entered via this addon replace the default location info in the XF core. Also, doesn't look like members can remove their stored location? It says city field required.

Top Bottom