[XFA] Forum Sales

[XFA] Forum Sales [Paid] 1.5.1

No permission to buy (€6.00)
Template modifications not template.
But anyways it's indeed not normal a template seems missing.
Will check.

Indeed it was missing. Should be good now

Ok, it works now but I get this error when testing with another account.

Code:
Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require_once(PPConfiguration.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPBootStrap.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPBootStrap.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'require_once(PP...', '/home/nascartr/...', 8, Array) #1 /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPBootStrap.php(8): require_once() #2 /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ForumSales/Extends/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(137): require_once('/home/nascartr/...') #3 /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_ForumSales_Extends_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionXfaFssPurchase() #4 /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #5 /home/nascartr/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPBootStrap.php on line 8

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'PPConfiguration.php' (include_path='/home/nascartr/public_html/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nascartr/public_html/library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPBootStrap.php on line 8

Interested in purchasing this add-on but had a question first;

Seems like using this add-on could get abused by some members. Is it possible to set it up so that our forum gets paid up front, and the balance of the sale is sent to the seller upon sale of the item?

Otherwise you're advertising for the seller for free (and the item may never get sold) or worse, someone could read the ad and just get around paying the ad fee by contacting the seller directly.

If I'm setting up an ad for someone - that ad needs to be paid up front - and whatever happens with the sell afterwards is not the forums concern.

Is it possible to set this add-on up so that our forum gets paid up front?

What would happen in cases of a charge back? Would the website be involved?
Technically no. The "deal" is between the seller and the buyer.

You are just advertising the item. Similar to selling something through a newspaper.

Hopefully this add-on has a place for a disclaimer to be posted before the seller posts the ad.

Seems like using this add-on could get abused by some members. Is it possible to set it up so that our forum gets paid
up front, and the balance of the sale is sent to the seller upon sale of the item?

Otherwise you're advertising for the seller for free (and the item may never get sold) or worse, someone could read the ad and just get around paying the ad fee by contacting the seller directly.

If I'm setting up an ad for someone - that ad needs to be paid up front - and whatever happens with the sell afterwards is not the forums concern.

Is it possible to set this add-on up so that our forum gets paid up front?

As of today, the answer is no, it's designed to have the percentage paid upon sale.

What you want is kinda what was requested in previous posts, ie. put a fee to be paid up front either a percentage or a fixed fee.

Technically no. The "deal" is between the seller and the buyer.

You are just advertising the item. Similar to selling something through a newspaper.

Hopefully this add-on has a place for a disclaimer to be posted before the seller posts the ad.

Today there is no disclaimer when posting but that could be added.

If a buyer clicks the buy button on a forum thread, is taken to PayPal and completes the payment, does the forum thread automatically get changed to paid/purchased? Or is the seller required to do this?

It's automatically changed to sold.

If the payment is not processed however, the item is put on hold for a defined amount of time (option in admincp) and put back for sale if not paid in that time period.

And how does the seller change it manually between sold/hold/buy if the PayPal option isn't used ?

And how does the seller change it manually between sold/hold/buy if the PayPal option isn't used ?

Currently paypal option is mandatory.
You can do it through thread edit link in Thread Tools menu.

Can I make percentage sales mandatory by usergroup? Eg. for members usergroup I can require x% but for premium members usergroup percentage is optional/0 ?
I'd also suggest a max amount with percentage, so if 5% is defined it could have a max of $10 (sell for $50 it's $2.50, sell for $10,000 it's $10 max).

I need this also. Different fees per user group so premium members or donors pay less.

Also- I need to be able to have sales in REPLIES, not just new threads. So if one guy says, "Anyone have a cell phone for sale?" Yent ou reply "Yes, here" and they can buy it.

Currently paypal option is mandatory.

Looks promising, but like Mouth already mentioned some things would make more sense with more optional settings. I would like to add some suggestions to that list, like:
  • optional minimum fee as total amount, not via percentage. Keep in mind that PayPal charges for a transaction fee and when the selling prices in the forums mostly are very low, your percentage shrinks nearly to nothing. (For example: everything under 10$ has a fee of 1.50%, everything over that amount has a fee calculated by percentage.)
  • optional payment options the seller can allow: PayPal, WireTransfer, Face-to-face (would need different timespans and maybe a reminder eMail for the 2 last options, so the seller can set the offer to sold)
  • something like an optional showcase would be great, but I guess that´s not that simple anymore.
With the first 2 points, I´ld definitly become a new customer ;)

Good suggestions, will consider them.
Will you be adding this functionality? If so, ETA?
Just want to know if it's worth keeping on watching this resource, or I should remove my watch because it won't be added.
Thanks.

• optional minimum fee as total amount, not via percentage. Keep in mind that PayPal charges for a transaction fee and when the selling prices in the forums mostly are very low, your percentage shrinks nearly to nothing. (For example: everything under 10$ has a fee of 1.50%, everything over that amount has a fee calculated by percentage.)

Good suggestion, please suggest it in the adequate sub-forum on our site.

• optional payment options the seller can allow: PayPal, WireTransfer, Face-to-face (would need different timespans and maybe a reminder eMail for the 2 last options, so the seller can set the offer to sold)

We did only paypal because we needed it on RM Marketplace as it is the mean we use to sell our resources.
Hence why we reused it here in Forum Sales.

Developing multiple currencies API is not something we would be doing as it clearly too time consuming and would lead to an add-on cost far higher than it is right now and we don't think it would be a good thing.
However, I might consider adding compatibility with [bd] Paygates as it is managing all that kind of stuff quite nicely.

But in any case, you can add a suggestion in the adequate sub-forum on our site.

• something like an optional showcase would be great, but I guess that´s not that simple anymore.

What do you mean ?

any plans of allowing different payments other than paypal ? stripe/bitpay etc ?

See my answer just above in the post.

Will you be adding this functionality? If so, ETA?
Just want to know if it's worth keeping on watching this resource, or I should remove my watch because it won't be added.
Thanks.

It will clearly be added, I'd say somewhere this month most certainly or beginning of next one at most.

Top Bottom