[XFA] Forum List Tabs

[XFA] Forum List Tabs [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy (€10.00)
Hum no, you can't have two tabs on a single page.
Yeah, I likely misunderstood exactly what he was asking for, if he actually meant two groups of tabs on a page.

EDIT: On second look, I definitely did misunderstand. Sorry.

Reactions: XFA
Anyone else has issues with the width of the nodes underneath the tabs?

If you use one category with nodes under a tab, it will display it next to the tab list itself.
When using more than two categories it won't show it next to the tabs but still, the width of the nodes/category is off.

This is very noticeable when using the forums on a phone. It will display all categories and nodes half the width of the screensize.

Solved with:
Code:
.tabPanes{
    width: 100% !important;
}

Last edited:
@XFA

The breadcrums do not work effectively. When You click on a subforum on my site, e.g "General Hacking"

1ge7.png

The breadcrumb show's as this:

2_6X.png

But when you hover over the link for Hacking & Exploits it doesn't have the correct link.

It has this:
lVCe.png

Which when clicked just returns you to the forum homepage to the first tab.. this is because the breadcrumb should be taking you back to the tabbed navigation for Hacking & Exploits which is this link:

Isfg.png

This is happening because xenforo is trying to take me back to the sub-category of "Hacking & Exploits" which is a sub-category to the main category on the tabbed navigation known as "Hacking & Coding".

This is extremely frustrating and breaks the feel of the website as a user is clicking the "Hacking & Exploits" breadcrumb expecting to be led back to forum category but instead just gets re-directed to the forum homepage and the default/main tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure there is something I can do but I can give it a try.
Did you report that on our website ?

I am not sure there is something I can do but I can give it a try.
Did you report that on our website ?
no I don't have time to post/remember the mutiple different avenues for addon developers websites/forums. Do you not provide support via xenforo? If not you shouldn't really advertise the product here.

This completely breaks how breadcrumbs are supposed to work do you have any ideas how to fix?

Anyone else has issues with the width of the nodes underneath the tabs?

If you use one category with nodes under a tab, it will display it next to the tab list itself.
When using more than two categories it won't show it next to the tabs but still, the width of the nodes/category is off.

This is very noticeable when using the forums on a phone. It will display all categories and nodes half the width of the screensize.

Solved with:
Code:
.tabPanes{
    width: 100% !important;
}
Thanks. I was having this issue with TH's new AC.UI style, one of my two tabs would repeat the tab/category name next to it, and this fixed it.

Reactions: jul
no I don't have time to post/remember the mutiple different avenues for addon developers websites/forums. Do you not provide support via xenforo? If not you shouldn't really advertise the product here.

This completely breaks how breadcrumbs are supposed to work do you have any ideas how to fix?
We do provide first level support, but when it comes to tracking bugs well no a single thread is not efficient at all.
Especially as we don't provide in the minute fixing to bugs, except if arming security obviously.

@XFA

The breadcrums do not work effectively. When You click on a subforum on my site, e.g "General Hacking"

1ge7.png

The breadcrumb show's as this:

2_6X.png

But when you hover over the link for Hacking & Exploits it doesn't have the correct link.

It has this:
lVCe.png

Which when clicked just returns you to the forum homepage to the first tab.. this is because the breadcrumb should be taking you back to the tabbed navigation for Hacking & Exploits which is this link:

Isfg.png

This is happening because xenforo is trying to take me back to the sub-category of "Hacking & Exploits" which is a sub-category to the main category on the tabbed navigation known as "Hacking & Coding".

This is extremely frustrating and breaks the feel of the website as a user is clicking the "Hacking & Exploits" breadcrumb expecting to be led back to forum category but instead just gets re-directed to the forum homepage and the default/main tab.
While I was working on a new version, I checked the behavior.
This is how xF works with or without my add-on.

There is never a redirection inside a first level category.

And for me when I click on a category, it does redirect me to the forum list in the correct tab.

Is there any demo? I would like to add tabs with forums so users don't have to scroll down. Is that possible?

No, we don't have a demo setup.

You can create any number of tabs containing forums yes, if that's what you meant ?

Hey @XFA

Wanted to run by a concept design I made for my current site to see if what i'm trying to do is feasible with your product. It's a music forum and in one section users post releases from different years. I want to be able to put threads under certain year tabs, like so;

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 7.54.08 PM.webp

Clicking '1999' would only show threads that the user (or mod) have tagged as 1999. It would require horizontal scrolling, as not all the year dates would fit in the top bar when max width. I would only want the tabs to appear in certain sections and not forum wide.

Does that sound like something I could do with you plug-in. If so, take all my money.

Hi,

No my add-on is only acting on the forum list page, not inside forums.

Clément

Hi,

No my add-on is only acting on the forum list page, not inside forums.

Clément

Thanks for replying. Apart from the forum specific requirement, does the rest of what i'm after become feasible with your plugin? If so, could I pay you to make the change to allow for forum specific usage?

Thanks for replying. Apart from the forum specific requirement, does the rest of what i'm after become feasible with your plugin? If so, could I pay you to make the change to allow for forum specific usage?
The addon is not compatible on mobile phone, have a week already, waiting for reply from @XFA.

Well you would to create each individual tabs so it could be quite a huge work.
I guess a whole specific custom add-on would be more appropriate.
The addon is not compatible on mobile phone, have a week already, waiting for reply from @XFA.
Answer you where ?

Top Bottom