XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I installed XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO 2.2.0.3 first and afterwards XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO 2.2.0.7.

Now the function where you can indicate whether you want to participate in the event or not no longer works. The following error message appears: "No RSVPs available for this date"

1678275104835.png

Suggestions for new update:
  • Add the most popular additions from (the seeming abandoned) XPI addon.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-xenporta-improvements.7515/
It added some great stuff, like alternate layout, XF category style menu, article per row in widgets and various style addition settings..

Two areas for improvement in terms of speed/performance is LCP, CLS and image handling.
  • CLS
    <div class="p-body-main p-body-main--withSidebar ">. 0,16 CLS contribution. The first article on the grid. Anything over 0,1 is deemed to need improvements.
    1674649229676.png
    "Element moved 400px to the bottom", so the cause is the feature slider loading AFTER the container of the articles perhaps..
    1674649203336.png

• LCP
    • Youtube player always loads. https://www.youtube.com/s/player/4248d311/www-widgetapi.vflset/www-widgetapi.js. The feature slider has a media box where you can add YT videos, but I never use it. Either add an option to only load it once feature articles with media field active (better for users, but may be harder to add?), or just have a on/off button in ACP if you want to have this YT media function enabled or not.
  • Images
    • Lazy load off screen images. (feature images that are not the front/hero image). If you have many feature article images in your slider, this can provide a sizeable hit to your performance.
    • Properly sized images for mobile/narrow. All images should have S/M/L versions to serve depending on the screen size of the viewer. This is critical for mobile performance.

I have two "home" tabs, how do I get rid of one?

Admin CP: Setup > Navigation > Public Navigation
Disable the default "home" tab

I want to change the name of "Home" in XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7 to "Portal," what do I need to edit?

@Jaxel

Promote to article Guest?

How do we revoke Unregistered permission?

ACP > Groups & permissions > User group permissions > Unregistered / Unconfirmed

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the section ‘[8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO’. Set your permissions as desired.

Reactions: Ruh
Apols if asked before.

I have forums and portal installed in the root dir. I would like the homepage to be the portal and the forums to sit under /forums. Is this possible or would I need to move the install to a /forums directory to do so?

If it is possible how do I do it? These are my current settings:

View attachment 289874

Home goes: https://shatteredsunrts.com/news/
Forums goes: https://shatteredsunrts.com
check the FAQ Tab ;) -> How do I make my articles list the index for my forum?

check the FAQ Tab ;) -> How do I make my articles list the index for my forum?

How do I make my articles list the index for my forum?

Admin CP: Setup > Options > Basic Board Information
Index Page Route: ewr-porta/

Is that the Homepage URL? I've used a route filter to change ewr-porta/ to news/ but it still doesn't work as I'd like it to.

Your home page URL should be https://shatteredsunrts.com and your route filter should be ewr-porta/ see below where I've changed mine from forums/ to pages/home/

1691942906290.webp

Once you've done that even with your route filter changing ewr-porta to news it should resolve your issue.

That's how I've got it setup but when clicking on 'Home' it goes to /news and when clicking on 'Forums' it goes to primary dotcom. Do I need to be installed in a /forums/ directory for it to do what I want?

(Thanks everyone for helping me!)

Your home page URL is set as news/ when it should be the same as your board URL your index page route should be set to ewr-porta/ this is my page set up:
1691947702865.png
1691947739372.png

Notice where it states 'Do not reference a route filter here' when this is set as default it states forums/ so you need that to say ewr-porta/ and the home page URL needs to be your site URL not news/ as that won't work. My index page route is referencing a page I titled 'home' so when someone visits my site by typing my URL it will go to that page. This is what you want XenPorta to do so when someone enters your URL it will land on the XenPorta page. I used to use XenPorta and this worked for me every time. Just make sure the right information is added to the correct fields and it will work like a charm for you.

Reactions: _Al
Brilliant. Perfect. For some reason the index page route box was not displayed on my main set up page. I had to search for it for it to become available. This is why I couldn't get it to work; but now it does! Thanks very much!

As an aside... Holy ****, how did I not know Chris Taylor was working on a new game?! Total Annihilation and Forged Alliance are two of the best!

As an aside... Holy ****, how did I not know Chris Taylor was working on a new game?! Total Annihilation and Forged Alliance are two of the best!
Well, he is but not this one. Shattered Sun is from a small independent dev team. Taylor has been working on Intergalactic Space Empire. Check Kanoogi.com for progress on that.

Taylor has responded and endorsed Shattered Sun.

Top Bottom