XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel

Please fix the date block issue discovered by @Mendalla 😭
Nothing has been done that I know of. In fact, Jaxel has not posted in this thread since March. The gap actually doesn't look as bad on my new phone (Galaxy S20 FE) as it did on my old Galaxy S9 but definitely still there. I bookmark the forums page rather than home page so don't actually see it much myself. The only solution I know of is still to turn off date blocks.

Yeah Jaxel seems to be MIA, i really really hope he hasn't abandoned XF. :-( I don't believe this to be the case, but this issue as well as a few issues with his XenRio(Streams) add-on could really use some addressing. :-)

Are there any updates, out of the blue the video play on the FrontPage of Xenporta Slide does not work any longer.

Looks like there are a few more minor issues.

hey there,
I bought XenPorta just a couple of weeks ago (before I've realized that Jaxel is MIA). And as of today, I see that no future support for this plugin will be available and I don't understand the reason why it is still presented in the list of addons from XF (and promoted by the XF team, as a result). Maybe it's just a rhetoric question.
Meanwhile, I cannot even add a new article. Can someone please help me with this issue?

Attachments

• No option to add a new article.webp
    No option to add a new article.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 28
hey there,
I bought XenPorta just a couple of weeks ago (before I've realized that Jaxel is MIA). And as of today, I see that no future support for this plugin will be available and I don't understand the reason why it is still presented in the list of addons from XF (and promoted by the XF team, as a result). Maybe it's just a rhetoric question.
Meanwhile, I cannot even add a new article. Can someone please help me with this issue?
You add an article by going to a thread and promoting to an article.

1633216371355.webp
That then takes you to a screen where you can set things like whether the thread starter's avatar appears, the content of the title and abstract that appears on the portal, and whether the thread will be formatted as an article. "Promote to Feature", below it, adds the thread to the feature slider and lets you add an image or video to promote it on the portal.

As for @Jaxel and support, it is a concern of mine as well. That said, I bought the product when I upgraded the site from 1.5 to 2.1 (my old portal didn't have a 2.x release and was less capable) so I got a few good years out of the product and have been eyeing some different options for the front page of the site (e.g. Themehouse's Feeds add-on).

First and foremost, I hope Jaxel is well and does not have health problems or any other problem.

Secondly, is here a code connoisseur who can create something to convey Jaxel`s articles to Xenforo`s article system automatically?
Or provide a relatively safe transfer guide from XenPorta 2 add-on to native Xenforo article system?

I just install addon but I notice I am missing the thread options promoting to an article and Promote to Feature to get all my threads to show under ewr-porta/ and article widget.

Attachments

• promote-missing.webp
    promote-missing.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 25
@Jaxel creates excellent and (IMHO) much needed tools for communities that want to engage their members with dynamic, rich content. These are trying times and Jaxel was always pretty busy before ...I can imagine things may be harder now and perhaps have even less time. Either way, don't be discouraged because the user community for 8WR add ons is really good and there's a lot of people who've been using these add ons for years now... so you always have help.

Now, it's my turn for help - I cannot remember what the heck I had to do in order to remove the site name from showing up on the XenPorta portal page. I am sure it is an easy fix, but I just can't remember... been out of the loop too long. AND I found it LOL I think I am just tired. Crisis solved.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,

I purchased and installed the addon.

However, with the UI.X (dark) style, there seems to be a problem with images on the home page.

This is what i get.

It works fine with the default xenforo theme.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 22.17.03.webp
    Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 22.17.03.webp
    23 KB · Views: 23
Hi. Is it possible to include xenforo widgets on the mainpage ? like latest posts and latests resources?
Yes. If you make Xenporta your default home page you can go into appearance -> widgets and look for XenPorta > Articles list (you have several options full top, split top, bottom, etc.) but you can add in other XF widgets and place them into that handler to appear on your homepage.

Hope that helps

Hi,

I purchased and installed the addon.

However, with the UI.X (dark) style, there seems to be a problem with images on the home page.

This is what i get.

It works fine with the default xenforo theme.

UI.X is a very nice, clean, rich theme. I have noticed some minor challenges with XenPorta, nothing like what you're seeing. It looks like your featured slider image isn't showing?

I'd reach out to someone at ThemeHouse/Audentio - Maybe @Dalton Prock perhaps? I am not sure if UI.X is a supported theme, because last I read it was in beta.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I'm using the feature options to put threads on my homepage. Im' just wondering how to put the title and the summary above (or below) the image ... Anyone knows how to do this trick ?

Top Bottom