XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Why can't you use the [URL] tag?
I can do that for my own entries, but I am using the auto-promote feature so others can add their entries to the front page and they are not familiar with using these tags, which is why I was asking if the images can be made clickable. This is especially important for mobile users who automatically tap/click images to get to content.

With thanks

It's OK I've sorted it - all newly promoted items now have the thread link attached to the image and it's working fine; took a little bit of experimentation, but I got there :)

For the 2.2 version is it possible to place featured slider in the following manner?

prt1.webp
When I use an Above (full) widget positioning option, I end up with the following.

prt2.webp
Thank you.

I think you should read FAQ:

My articles list does not have a feature slider on top of it?

The feature slider is no longer built into the article list. It is instead a widget, which can be placed anywhere on your forum. This makes it more universal and easier to manage.

Admin CP: Appearance > Widgets > Add widget > XenPorta > Features

How do I put my feature slider above the fold/main content area?

User the "relocate slider" option in the feature widget to relocate the slider anywhere you want.

I recommend using: .p-body-main
You can use some other positions as well.

@Jaxel Image lazy loading implemented in 2.2 is messing with the article's layout on desktop. Sometimes the articles end up on top of each other as you scroll and the images load :(

@Jaxel Just an idea, it would be great if XenPorta allowed users to filter the Blog/Article List by Tags, much like WordPress, but in this case it could just use XF's existing tags feature.

Soon version 2.2. of Xenforo will be release I assume, will this ADD on work with the new update of Xenforo?

Is there any explanation / manual on how to setup the Twitter and Facebook Widget?

I tried to setup the Twitter widget but it shows just a link to twitter for that profile, nothing else??

Is it possible to actually make this my home page. Meaning when someone clicks on www.example.com the portal will show up as the main page? I already installed per the instructions but I would like to have this as my actual homepage. Thanks

Strange.

For me, as per FAQ this did the trick just fine:

How do I make my articles list the index for my forum?

Admin CP: Setup > Options > Basic Board Information
Index Page Route: ewr-porta/

You will need to have your forum files in the root of your website, or if you have them in a directory modify your .htaccess or web.config file in the root to point to your forum directory.
Then set the ACP : Setup> Option>Basic Board Information Index page route to ewr-porta as above

Is there away to shorten the size of embedded video? The video is too large and its breaking up my article page. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4266.webp
    IMG_4266.webp
    38 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom