XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Just purchased this, and I have a few questions

1. Why is my article displaying like this?

1570787889387.webp

Its also duplicated underneath it?

2. Is there a reason why features doesnt allow you to automatically select an attachment like an article does?

3. Anyway you can make it so the OP is an author? and the author pictures are by default the avatars?

4. When I publish in an article format, my page load speed gets hit pretty hard?

You're using the articles widget in the SPLIT position... use the FULL position if you want it to expand the full length.

Why are you even using the articles widget on the articles page?

I'm not looking for the articles to be fully expanded. I'm looking for the bottom row you can see to be the same as the top. 2 rows fit to width. I'm not sure what you mean by that question, think I need to watch your video a bit more. I'm probably being stupid.

I misunderstood how it needed to be setup. As you mentioned I had the widgets setup in the article page, which is why it duplicated.
Looks much better

Are you sure you're not looking at old error logs?
Yes, every 5 minutes for the last several couple days since upgrading, getting this error.
  • Error: Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response::json()
  • src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:227
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Oct 19, 2019 at 12:57 PM
You can see I'm running the latest version of XenPorta here:
View attachment 212275

Any ideas on how to resolve this error? Thanks

@Jaxel -Options I'd like to see in this;

Default options in automatic promotion to use no picture, avatar or attachment. Exactly the same as it is in individual posts, just enabled for automatic use.

Ability for automatic promotion to have a custom except of first 50 words. A short blurb rather than the whole article.

Ability to make the article boxes smaller in mobile view. I'm finding that the pictures for articles are the same as the featured, which takes the focus away.

Ability for the features to grab an attachment automatically like articles do. This is probably because the features images are larger so can be susceptible to poor quality, but it is a bit annoying.

Last edited:
I was looking to see if there was:

• A way to keep videos from auto playing in the Slider
  • An easy way to replace the default post background from media/videos (I was looking around the theme settings and didn't see anything pop out)
  • In combination with Theme House's sidebar collapse, have the nav bar take up more space when this happens (the buttons move, but the image area remains unchanged).

@Jaxel -Options I'd like to see in this;

Default options in automatic promotion to use no picture, avatar or attachment. Exactly the same as it is in individual posts, just enabled for automatic use.

Ability for automatic promotion to have a custom except of first 50 words. A short blurb rather than the whole article.

Ability to make the article boxes smaller in mobile view. I'm finding that the pictures for articles are the same as the featured, which takes the focus away.

Ability for the features to grab an attachment automatically like articles do. This is probably because the features images are larger so can be susceptible to poor quality, but it is a bit annoying.
What automatic promotion? This addon does not have automatic promotion.

And if you want to change how things look in mobile view... then skin it.

I was looking to see if there was:

• A way to keep videos from auto playing in the Slider
  • An easy way to replace the default post background from media/videos (I was looking around the theme settings and didn't see anything pop out)
  • In combination with Theme House's sidebar collapse, have the nav bar take up more space when this happens (the buttons move, but the image area remains unchanged).
Not-autoplaying videos in the slider would kind of defeat the purpose of it... especially since there would be no way to click play.

All skinning questions will have the same answers... there is nothing stopping you from skinning it.

What is the preferred way to have XF in a subdirectory (IE /forum) but then have the domain root show XenPorta? I copied XF's index.php to the document root and updated the $dir variable in it to point to the XF installation, but when I loaded it in the browser, it just 301 redirected into XF. What am I missing?

What is the preferred way to have XF in a subdirectory (IE /forum) but then have the domain root show XenPorta? I copied XF's index.php to the document root and updated the $dir variable in it to point to the XF installation, but when I loaded it in the browser, it just 301 redirected into XF. What am I missing?
XenPorta exists within XenForo. Wherever XF exists, XP exists. The preferred method to to install XF on your root.

Top Bottom